The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Journey Begins in Sinnoh

2 posters

Go down

The Journey Begins in Sinnoh Empty The Journey Begins in Sinnoh

Post by psygrimlock Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:54 pm

Cassie and her sister Mallory haven't been in Sinnoh that long. They came from the Johto region and arrived in Sinnoh about a month ago. The girls arrive in Oreburg City, site of Cassie's first Sinnoh gym challenge. At her side is her partner, Gintama, an Espeon. Beside her sister is a young Chikorita.
By early afternoon, Cassie and Mally find themselves at the front door of the Oreburg City Gym. Without hesitation, Cassie boldy rings the doorbell, ready to make her challenge.

psygrimlock

Female Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

The Journey Begins in Sinnoh Empty Re: The Journey Begins in Sinnoh

Post by Kaitou_Dark_Sama Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:08 pm

Rorak opened the door to the gym himself today, finding himself in quite a good mood since his apprentice was learning so well, despite being out of his comfort range when it came to the Pokemon he was being forced to use. He looked down at the two girls and smiled, "Two lovely young challengers I see. Why don't you two come on in." He stepped inside and looked to where his apprentice Tristan, a 14 year old boy with strikingly cyan hair stood a Geodude at his side. He looked over at the girls at the gym's entrance with a confused look on his face. Rorak looked to the girls, "I didn't think I'd have any challengers today, I was training my apprentice with rock type Pokemon today." he explained glancing from the cyan haired boy to the girls again. "Anyway, I'm Rorak the Oreburg gym leader, it's nice to meet you both." he said offering a gloved hand to the older looking of the two.
Kaitou_Dark_Sama
Kaitou_Dark_Sama

Male Number of posts : 3326
Registration date : 2008-12-26

http://yaoifantasy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:42 pm

Cassie smiled as Roark answered the door. "Thank you! My name is Cassie and this is my little sister Mallory. It's nice to meet you, Roark!" Says the older girl as they walk in. Cassie took the man's hand and shook it cordially. When she was still at the Pokemon Center, Cassie had done her homework on this gym and swapped out two pokemon accordingly.
Gintama sat somewhat behind the girls next to Mallory's Chikorita Daisy. Both girls liked to give nicknames to their pokemon.
Cassie told Roark, "I'm here to challenge you to a gym battle."
Meanwhile, Mallory went over to Tristan and said, "Hi! I'm Mallory. So, how long have you had your Geodude?" The younger girl smiled. She was a friendly sort.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitou_Dark_Sama Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:18 am

Rorak smiled as she introduced herself and her sister and then challenged him. "I was training Tristan there," he said jerking his thumb in the short boys direction, "Maybe you'd want to battle him as practice." he suggested.

Tristan looked at the girl who approached him and blinked a couple times as she introduced herself and asked about his Geodude. "Uh, hi, I'm Tristan...and my Geodude, I don't know, about a week maybe." he said, he had always been a very distant person but this Mallory just seemed to happy go lucky that he couldn't not talk to her. His Geodude spoke its name happily as it was mentioned but Tristan ignored it as he continued speaking, trying to keep up the conversation. "And, is one of those," he pointed to the Chikorita and Espeon that sat behind the older girl, "Yours?" he asked.
Kaitou_Dark_Sama
Kaitou_Dark_Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:38 pm

Cassie wasn't really averse to battling with Tristan before Roark. However, she didn't want to tip her hand, either, as far as her battling style. She suggested to Roark, "Maybe Mallory could battle him. I bet they both could use the experience."

Mallory smiled at Tristan. "It's nice to meet you and your Geodude." She listened to his question and giggled. "Yep! One of them's mine!" She answered and turned to her partner. "Daisy, come over here and say hi!" she said.
"Chika!" said Daisy and bounded over to her trainer. "Chika chika!" She said cheerily.
Mallory said, "This is my partner Daisy. Do you have other pokemon? I have a couple more."
Mallory blinked at hearing her sister's suggestion just then and looked at Tristan. "What do you think?" she asked the boy.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitou_Dark_Sama Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:32 am

Tristan looked at the little Chikorita as it bounded over, he couldn't help but smile lightly down at it, it sure was one heck of a cute Pokemon. He had taken Mallory to be the kind of person who nicknamed her Pokemon, it was something Tristan didn't bother with it involved getting to attached to the creature and it would be harder to battle with them, at least that was how he saw it. "Yeah, I have a few more..." he said with a shrug. He carried four with him now all the time, only three of which he used, and only because Rorak made him.

Rorak's eyes opened wide at her suggestion and he pushed his glasses farther up his nose, "That sounds like a great idea." he said turning and looking over at Tristan and Mallory to see what the two youngsters thought of the plan. Mallory seemed happy enough at the suggestion but Rorak knew that Tristan would hesitate.

Tristan did hesitate and he had to think it over quite a bit before he sighed and nodded, "Sure, I guess I could use the practice." he said.
Kaitou_Dark_Sama
Kaitou_Dark_Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:09 am

Mallory was a little nervous about battling, too. She wasn't as experienced as Cassie. Mallory smiled as Tristan reluctantly agreed to the battle.
"How about a 2 on 2 battle?" she suggested.
Cassie smiled as Mallory suggested the terms. She looked at Roark. "I've never had an opening act to a gym battle before. This should be fun."

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitou_Dark_Sama Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:20 am

"Does two on two sound good to you Tristan?" Rorak asked, and the cyan haired boy nodded as he took his spot in the blue corner with his Geodude. He choose another Pokeball and enlarged it with a push of a button. He had four pokemon on him, but he wondered if he'd get in trouble from Rorak by using his Ice type pokemon as well as the rock types he was supposed to be training with. He choose his Onix none the less as Rorak picked up the flags for judging the battle motioning for Cassie to stand next to him on the sidelines. "You two can get started whenever you want, challenger gets the first move." he said.
Kaitou_Dark_Sama
Kaitou_Dark_Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:42 am

Cassie moved to the bleachers to watch this battle with Gintama at her side.
Mallory and Daisy then moved to the other side of the arena and took out another pokeball and enlarged it. Mallory felt a little intimidated by the large rock snake but she had agreed to this battle.
"Alright, Blue! You're up first!" she said as she tossed out her pokeball which opened and a shiny blue Corsola emerged.
"Corsola!" she said happily and bounced up and down.
Cassie smiled and muttered, "Good choice right off the bat! Of course, a corsola kind of fits this gym, too, since it's also part rock type."
Mallory called out, "Blue, use bubblebeam!"
"Corsola," said Blue and unleashed a volley of bubbles at Tristan's Onix.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitou_Dark_Sama Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:04 am

Tristan frowned slightly it was a good choice on her part, a Corsola would be able to deal a lot of damage while not be completely affected by the rock type moves, though if Tristan was correct he could still deal with it with the two pokemon he had out now. "Onix, use Harden." he said quickly as Blue used bubble beam, Onix shone slightly as he used the move but the bubblebeam was still very effective and he could tell as it seemed that Onix looked almost immediately drained by the hit, the use of Harden only helping raise his defense slightly. "Geodude use Stealth Rock." he said and Geodude hit the ground sending bits of rock up into the air above the opponents pokemon that would hit once the other pokemon used a move that required movement.
Kaitou_Dark_Sama
Kaitou_Dark_Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:15 am

Cassie looked a bit irritated. Tristan was treating this like a double battle instead of two pokemon one at a time. So while Mallory was battling within the terms, Tristan wasn't so using Geodude and Onix at the same time was illegal.
Cassie looked at Roark, "hey, Roark. Is this supposed to be a double battle? We said 2 on 2, didn't we?"
She hoped a gym leader knew the difference.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitou_Dark_Sama Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:33 am

Rorak noticed as the two girls seemed to get confused and sighed, blowing his whistle and getting a glare from his apprentice. "2 on 2 does not mean 2 on 2, one at a time." He said. Tristan flushed despite himself despite his mistake glad he hadn't actually attacked. He growled slightly as he called off his Geodude and his Geodude's attack. "Sorry." Tristan muttered. Rorak nodded, "Alright, let's get back to this then properly." he said with a smile blowing the whistle again.
Kaitou_Dark_Sama
Kaitou_Dark_Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:48 am

Cassie nodded, satisfied.

Mallory sighed a little in relief and then focused on the battle. "Okay, Blue. Let's go! Use Ancientpower!"
"Corso laaaaaaaaaa!" said Blue and as she said 'laaa', she was surrounded by glowing mystical rocks which were then hurled at Onix.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitou_Dark_Sama Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:58 am

Tristant wasn't as worried about this move, knowing that it's attack would be cut in half by Onix's resistance to rock type moves, he was more worried about the stat boost the move gave Blue. He frowned slightly before giving Onix a command. "Onix use Rock Throw." Tristan said, the Onix roared its name as it hit the rock ground with its tail throwing the broken chunks of rock with its tail at the shiny corsola.
Kaitou_Dark_Sama
Kaitou_Dark_Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:07 pm

"Blue, dodge it!" said Mallory. However, Blue wasn't fast enough. It hopped out of the way of two rocks before getting hit by a third and being pushed back a bit.
Suddenly, Mallory had an idea. "Blue, point your horns to the ground and use spike cannon!"
With Blue still in the air from the rock throw, she turned her coral horns at the ground and suddenly glowed as shards of spikes shot out. The recoil, though, sent Blue higher into the air like a jet. "Corsola!"

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum