The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond the Return of the Jedi

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Beyond the Return of the Jedi Empty Beyond the Return of the Jedi

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:37 pm

The bridge of the Raven was in a shambles. Wires and conduent hung everywhere, consols were blackened where fires had flared. The smell of smoke filled the air even though the ventelation system had purged all the smoke some time ago. "Port Control, this is the Raven. Need emergency medical care. Coming in with minimum control, request emergency landing." Direct comm to the Star Base was not possible so he had to broadcast it over the specrum of frequencies so that it would get through. Every ship at the Star base would hear it. This Star Base was out in the Rim of the Empire where pirates, smugglers and the like operated out of. The Empire never really had any desire to go there for there was nothing of value there.

Krell and his bridge crew brought the ship down from space. One could see that it had been in one hell of a fight. Black scorch marks were everywhere from being hit by blaster fire and there were severy hull breaches as well. Over the coms came a mans voice, Emergency Crews to Bay 9, emergency medical personel report to Bay 9 immediately. Krell and his pilot barely brought the ship in and landed it. Gangways were moved into place and hatches opned to allow the medical personnel in. Soon wounded and dead pirates were being taken off the ship.

The Raven was a well known pirate ship that made use of the Space Port and at times sold its cargo at. The Raven was a ship not like any other ship that was known. Indeed it was not. It had been a prototype for the New Empire, was to be its new front line ship. It was smaller then a crusier, a bit larger then a destroyer, but had the firepower of a heavy cruiser. Krell had stolen it when he and other prisoners on a prison planet escaped. They even had the plans for the ship on board and the empire was wanting to get her back badly, for it could do some serious damage to a Star Destroyer. Star Destroyers were expensive to build and to maintain and the Empire only had a few of them left. The Raven would reduce that cost and the amount of crew to a more afordable cost.

When Krell had all his crew off, those wounded off to the medical facility, and the others off to various bars and establishments he left the ship. The dock master was there and Krell gave him a data pad with the list of the cargo. "I expect a good price for allof this." he told the man. The Dock Master took the data pad and looked at it and whisled.

"Got a good haul here Captain. Usual commission fees and of course repairs deducted?"

Krell nodded and headed for the closet bar.

Back to top Go down

Beyond the Return of the Jedi Empty Re: Beyond the Return of the Jedi

Post by psygrimlock Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:19 pm

Keysla Roglund was already sitting at the bar sipping on a Corellian ale. She ignored most of the other patrons. Her ship was being unloaded in one of the hangar bays, she'd been contracted to deliver electronic equipment to this Star Base.
While she sipped her ale, she thumbed a datapad... tapping into the network here. Already, she was looking for her next job.

psygrimlock

Female Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:39 am

Krell entered the bar and looked around. Music was playing and the smell of stale smoke, alcohol and sweat filled the air. He moved up to the bar and ordered, "Borllian Rum." he told the barkeep and again turned to survey the room. Once his drink came he paid for it and grabed his drink, then headed over to an empty booth. He sat down leaning his head against the wall as he slowly turned the glass of rum on the top of the table.

He had lost three good men and another six were getting patched up. His ship was shot up and being repaired. Damn Imperials almost had him that time. [img][/img][img][/img]

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:46 am

The barkeeper, a Toydarian, felt chatty and flapped over to Keysla. "Hey, Key... I haven't seen you in here in a while. Where have you been?"
Keysla never looked up at him. She shrugged and said, "I had jobs elsewhere. Ran some spice for a Hutt. Good money, ya know."
"Yeah... if you can stay on a Hutt's good side, I suppose. Otherwise they'll cheat ya," said the bartender
"Not if you stand your ground. I made the terms clear. It's all in the negotiations, ya know."
"So where are you heading after this?"
Keysla still had the datapad in her hand. "To find my next job," she answer.
The barkeeper grinned, "I might have a tip for you then. There's an outbreak of some sort on Toydaria and my people will pay well to deliver a vaccine and other medical supplies waiting on Naboo.
"Sounds good to me," Keysla said. "If I keep getting jobs like this, I'll have that Marauder in no time."
"Not so fast. The word is that there is a pirate fleet somewhere in the Doldur Sector and those medical supplies would sell for a small fortune on the black market. They could very well try to sell it to Toydaria for five times the price."
Keysla considered this. The Nomad wasn't built as a fighter, although she had made modifications to her weapons. She was a skilled pilot, too. "Thanks for the heads up. Tell your people I will take the job and I'll get that medicine through," she promised.
"Good luck, Keysla. Here, have another ale on the house," said the barkeeper.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:17 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f31/13/51/92/89/raven21.jpg

As Krell played with his drink, he over heard the conversation at the next booth. He had to grin at the barkeeper's warning that there was a pirate fleet out in the doldur Sector. That was old news, and news that didn't bother Krell. He had nothing to do with those pirates. He hit the imperial ships for their goods and money. His was a combination of revenge and in his little way to bring the empire down.

The scars on his back sent a phusdo pain through him. They had long healed but now and then when he though back to his time on that prison planet they seemed to be fresh again. He had been an imperial officer out of the Academy and on his first duty assignment aboard a warship of the empire. The Captain was a hard core Imperial Officer and when they found a freighter trying to escape to the New Republic he ordered all batteries to fire upon it. Krell had tried to stop him. There were inocent men, women and children on board that ship. It was not a military target. It was wrong. He was courtmartialed and sent to a prison planet.

The Dock Master entered the bar and approached Krell, "The Raven will be down for a couple days Captain. She has taken quite a beating." Krell raised his drink to his lips and took a sip.

"Understood. My crew could use a rest." Once the Doc Master left he spoke to the woman in the next booth. "If you don't have the firepower to take on those ships I would suggest you not take that job." he took another sip of his drink.

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:08 pm

Keysla ignored the Dock Master. She didn't eavesdrop.
When the man offered her advice, she scoffed and shrugged. "I have firepower... but speed is better. I can handle myself and I'll get that medicine through to the Toydarians," she said. Keysla didn't even look at the man.
She then got up off her barstool and paid for her drinks. She started to leave.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:16 pm

"Big mistake." Krell said as she got up. "I've seen a couple of those ships and they are fast and can out gun you easily, if you just have a freighter." he finished his drink and motioned for the barkeep for another round. "They are also not to nice of people." he took a look at the woman. She wan't bad looking and he shook his head a grin on his face. "They would have a fine time with you, after they took your ship. You might wind up in one of their brothals if your lucky."

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:29 pm

"JUST a freighter? You obviously don't know my ship and you don't know me," she said.. offended. She turned to look at him sourly. No one insults her ship. She'd done special modifications to it herself and with Geeto's help.

OOC: Google YT-2000, it's a tough little ship, actually.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:23 pm

Krell laughed. He couldn't blame her for being a bit offended. No captain liked having his or her ship berated. "No offence ment captain. But it is evident that you have not seen the pirate ships up close and personal." When the Barkeep placed his drink infront of him he paid him and said, "Now here is one that can tell you about them. He warned you of the pirate fleet and with good reason. "

"Aye that is true Key. They be more then a match for the Nomad. The Captain of the Shelby thought he could out run and fight them off but it was no match for the one that was after it. If not for the captain here I wouldn't be standing here today, nor a good many men, women and children that had been aboard her." He wiped his hands on his apron, "I know I told you about the job but you might want to listen to Krell here."

At the mention of his name Krell looked around to make sure no one heard the barkeep. He was after all a wanted man by the empire, a nice reward on his head. He then looked at the barkeep raising a brow and he looked around hurriedly then back to Krell, "Sorry Captain."

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:35 pm

Key looked at the Toydarian and smirked. "But, you would not have told me about the job if you had doubts as to my piloting skills in subspace, Takko. I have dealt with pirates before. I am a bit of one myself. And your people need that medicine."
Key turned her gaze back on Krell, pondering. "But, if you are so concerned about my safety, I suppose I could use one more to man the turrets. I can offer you 15% if your competent upon delivery. Plus, a free ride back here to your ship."

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Taking a sip of his drink, he motioned for her to have a seat. Now that was a different type of offer. He grinned and turned the drink in his hand. "An interesting proposition. Can I buy you a drink?" There was no hurry, they had time for a friendly drink. "So tell me about your ship." he told her as he looked over his glass of rum and took another sip.

Across the bar a couple of his crewmen were having a drink. They saw the captain and made to get up to join him and Krell moved his other hand in cutting motion and they sat back down. "I have a couple days before my ship is fit for space again."

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:14 pm

"Corellian ale," she said in answer to him. She ignored his crewmen. This was between them. "My ship is called the Nomad. She's a CEC YT-2000 light freighter with a class 2 hyperdrive. The modifications I've made to her engines, she can make .8 past light speed. You know the Falcon, yes? Everyone in this business as heard of her and how fast she is. I take the Nomad more because she can take more. Ask Takko here what my ship can do. Every one I've worked for can vouch for me. Right now, my crew consists of two droids, a repair droid Geeto that for all purposes is my second mate, and a tactical droid I salvaged and reprogrammed."
Takko flapped over with the drinks and overheard Key. "Aye, captain. This one here. She's young but very resourceful." He then looked at Key and asked, "hey, wait. Do you have Nila with you on this trip?"
Keysla looked at Takko, "No... she is home this time."
"I see. You tell her Uncle Takko misses her, okay?"
Key actually chuckled at that and said, "Of course." Her attention then returned to Krell. "So... do you want the job? Either way, I am taking it."

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:31 pm

The freighter was a sturdy ship, but he knew the pirate ships. They were old warships, but the key word was warship. They were built for speed and attack power. He knew a few tricks himself and he also knew how the pirates operated. It might be enough to help her keep clear of them. "I go along with you. But no need to compensate. Figure the trip will be a nice change to my normal routine." he chuckled.

He raised his glass up to a toast and to seal the deal. "I will let my men know they have an extended shore leave here until I get back."

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:44 pm

The Nomad was also fast and agile with skilled piloting. It was why the YT series of ships were so popular among smugglers.
Keysla knew the pirates, too. She's outflown some, friended others. She had contacts in the underworld, of course. Some of both worlds.
Of course, no one knew where her home base was. She kept that strictly to herself. She even frequently swept the Nomad for bugs and homing devices.
"Work for free? Is this charity then?" she said... teasing. She needed this job. It was a big step towards her future goals.
"My ship should be unloaded by now. I plan to depart within 2 hours. She's in Hangar Bay 8."

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:47 am

Krell finished his drink and stood up. "That will be plenty of time. I can grab a few things from my ship that I will need and meet you there." he grinned and then went over to the two crewmen. He gave them instructions on what he wanted them to do. He left them and went back to the Raven where repair droids wer already at work on repairing the hull. Inside more droids were moving about doing the same to systems and wiring and the like.

He reached his quarters and entered. Stuffing a pack full of clothes and personal items didn't take long. But then it was up to the bridge where he sat in his command chair and recorded a message for Nathan, his first officer. Then it was off to Hanger Bay 8 where the Nomad was. As he saw it he remembered her mentioning the Falcon. The famous ship used in the Rebellion. He had still been in the Academy when everything happened.

Now the New Republic was trying to rebuild and bring systems back into the fold. But there were others forming their own alliances. Here and there were a number of systems that had some things in common that didn't want to be part of the Empire or New Republic. Things had changed since the success of the rebellion.

He moved up the ramp of the ship into its interior,

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:04 am

There was a droid at the top of the ramp. It was Key's tactical droid. There weren't many of these left since the old Clone Wars. Key had reprogrammed it to be useful as a crew droid and gunner, if that need arose. Presently, his duty was to man the quarterdeck of the ship.
The droid looked at Krell as the human came up the ramp.
"Please halt, sir, and state who you are and purpose," said the droid in its monotone synthesized voice. It was only doing its job.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:13 pm

Krell looked at the Tactical Droid. During his academy days he had seen a few of them. They had been used for training purposes and he had learned a couple things about them. One was that they thought themselves superior to other droids and often insulted other droids. He had an idea of toying with it, but then thought better of it. He wanted to see what the old freighter had.

"Well if you must know you rust bucket, the Name is Krell and I am expected by your captain." he told the droid, "So if you don't mind moving I think she would like to get under way. " He really had no use for droids that had been made for war. Repair droids, and the like that were used for fighters and such to help navigate, he could see using. What he really hated though was the protacal droids. They drove him nuts with their constant ramblings.

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:39 pm

The Tactical droid ignored the insult and looked at something on his manifest. "Krell, captain, temporary crew. Check. Welcome aboard, sir. The Captain is expecting you. You may proceed to the main deck where you will find her." Key had programmed better manners into this droid.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:45 pm

Krell walked past the droid and entered the ship. He looked around to see what the ship was like. He took a look at the twin turrets and grinned. "Could use an upgrade. Wonder if she would like one." he said to himself and continued on up to the bridge and cockpit of the freighter. Unlike the other freighters, this one had the cockpit centerlized and there was only room for the pilot and co-pilot. "Anybody homne?" he called out as he closed in on the bridge of the ship.

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:38 pm

The Nomad had three decks and a ladder well at the center of ship to connect all three decks plus the laser turrets. The lower deck consisted of the main ramp and room for two bunks.
The main deck included the 'neck' to the cockpit which had room for two people. The pilot/captain in front and the co-pilot's chair is behind the pilot's, slightly raised. The 'neck' held most of the electronics of the ship plus escape pods. Hatchways on the main deck led to the port and starboard cargo bays, lounge/galley, sleeping quarters, potty and airlocks.
The upper deck had some storage areas but not much else.
Keysla was going over last minute details with Geeto in the lounge area of the ship, which was in the port aft of the ship when she heard Krell's voice.
"We're back in the lounge!" Keysla yelled in answer. She smirked a little. She had a plan.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:50 am

Krell moved towards the voice and found her in the lounge of the ship with another droid. He tossed his ruck onto what looked to be a couch and stood there watching her. He was now dressed in black, black pants and boots, shirt and a three quarter length black leather coat. His twin blasters hung low on his hips. "I figure it will be two days travel to Naboo for the medical supplies." he said and moved to a comfortable chair to sit down in. "Took a look at your weaponry." he shook his head, "Could use an upgrade. I have a couple spare Mark V's that you can have if you like. That is also when you have time."

Mark V's were the top of the line weapons. The Raven carried them. They were much smaller then the turbo blasters on the cruisers and Star Destroyers. But they were more powerful. That was how the Raven packed such a powerful punch for the her size. With a couple Mark V's mounted on her ship she would not have to much trouble in a fight with anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:17 pm

Keysla looked at Krell as he entered the lounge and put his gear down. She listened and then scowled at him. She didn't like that he thought her weapons weren't good enough for him. He had NO IDEA what she had for weapons on this ship and the modifications she's made.
"Welcome aboard, Krell. This is Geeto, my loyal repair droid and first mate. While you're on board, he will act as second mate unless you piss me off. Please, have a seat."
She motioned to the crescent couch and she sat across the space chess table from him.
"I decided you were right to a degree. The Nomad may not be enough so there's been a change of plans. And this information does NOT leave this ship... not even to your men. Oh we're going to deliver medical supplies, alright but we'll be better prepared for raiding pirates We're going to rendezvous with my other ship, the Kubura, along the way. She's new among my assets and pirates won't know to be looking for her. In fact, this will be her maiden mission under my command and ownership.
"The Kubura is a Marauder-class Corvette. I don't know if you're familiar with that model of ship. The design slightly predates the Clone Wars and will fit our bill quite nicely with 8 turbolasers. Her data is available in the Nomad's computers so you can familiarize yourself with the schematics. Don't underestimate her. Plus, we'll still have use of the Nomad which will keep in her launch bay.
"I'm sure you have questions," she said... waiting for him to digest what she just told him.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:35 am

Marauder class Corvette? Now where would she have gotten something like that. He knew about the type of ship though he had not seen one. It was a ship before the clone wars and these days would be considered very outdated. But with the fire power it carried it would be a match for the piratres. He had to chuckle at that thought. After all he was considered a pirate and she had him on board. "I'm glad that you realized the Nomad would be no match for the pirates, but who is crewing this ship." he asked. The size would be about the size of the Raven and he had a crew of fourty, which was quite short of the 130 that normally would have crewed her. Droids would not be able to crew such a ship. "And If I may ask, where did you aquire such a ship." Even an old ship like it would not be cheap. Keysla being a freighter captain sure would not have had the money for it.

The Raven was more advanced in engine and weapontry and electronics then the Corvette. He guessed that the New empire had designed the Raven as ship simalar to the Corvette because it was cheaper then the Star destroyers. Being alot smaller then it had been, The New Empire didn't have the extensive resources or money for such huge things.

(MMMMM didn't figure on this. Had a couple ideas for them on the Nomad. Now to rethink.)

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:01 pm

(His arrogance is annoying. A marauder-class corvette would not be that outdated. The Clone Wars wasn't that long ago in Galactic terms. Plus, droids could crew a ship. He never even asked her about what modifications she's done to the Nomad... so he assumes.)

Keysla was not just a mere freighter captain. It was just one job title she held. Everything she did was geared towards making money. Her salvaging efforts... if she didn't need it, she sold it. Smuggling, running legit freight, information for the right price... it all added up. She was good at her jobs.
"My ward Nila will be in temporary command until we arrive. The Kubura will be crewed by droids I've managed to rebuild. It's not a full compliment but it will do the job for now. And how I acquired the vessel is for me to know," she replied.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:32 am

(LOL well he is a former imperial officer. Trained to be that way in a sence. )

He could see he had hit another nerve. He was use to command and also he had been through the Imperial Space Academy, that pounded into ones head a form of superiority over others. It was still something he was working on, but had come in handy a few times when he had to deal with imperial warship commanders. "Well now that is impressive." he smiled. He still would not have droids running a ship. The captain and crew had to have a love for the ship or she would never fly true and would shake you from her, droids didn't have that. In battle the mind of a person was more unpredictable and one would not know what you would do. Droids always questioned such actions, 'But sir the probability of sucess is........" or something like that. To analtical for him. Or perhaps it was just the fact he loved taking risks and trying to out think an opponent. But to have gathered enough droids to man a ship the size of the corvette, now that was indeed impressive, especially for the times they were in.

The New Empire had after all lost most of its systems that had the wealth and resources that had kept it going. The New Republic now had those worlds along with a number of loose federation/confederation of systems Parts and such for droids as well as ships were not cheap. He looked at her and said, "I must applogise if I have sounded like you have not done an excellent job on the Nomad and come off as a bit arrogant." his voice was sincere. "It is just my former training and of course having the ship I have. But I think even you have to admit that a ship can never truely be modified enough, otherwise you would never have done any to begin with." he gave her a friendly grin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next