The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond the Return of the Jedi

2 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Beyond the Return of the Jedi - Page 4 Empty Re: Beyond the Return of the Jedi

Post by psygrimlock Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:39 pm

"One corvette is hardly enough to bring down even what remains of the old Empire, sir. The Kubura is the start of the fleet that I want to build. I have no love for the Empire that took away my father. Perlan can tell you I was younger than Nila when he found me.
"These days, some may call me a scum in the galaxy. I've done jobs for Hutts to get paid. I've tracked down bounties for the money... except bounties put out by the Empire, of course."
She looked around at those on the bridge, all from the Haven. "Perhaps our commonality is our hatred of the Empire. And in that, perhaps we can be allies. Perlan will tell you I am full of surprises. However, the Kubura is my ship. I earned that right to this ship. I will not hand her over to another's authority."
She looked at the others and then at Marcus, "Let us finish this mission. Toydaria is waiting for that medicine. That is more important than your sales pitch, right now." She looked at Krell and ordered, "Prepare to get under way."

psygrimlock

Female Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:05 am

"It is your ship, but think it over. With your ship and the Raven, it would be a begining." He then turned and left, followed by Perlan after he had given Key a last hug. "You be careful out there. Those pirates be more then you think." When both men were off the ship, Krell took the helm and disconnected the ship from the walkway and using the manuvering thrusters turned the ship to face the huge doors. Slowly he moved the ship towards them as they opened before the ship. Pressing the intercom button on the pannel before him, "All stations hang on." he grinned. "Taking her out into the asteroid belt."

Everyone knew what he meant by that and the crew on the bridge strapped in. As when he brought the Kubura in, Krell manuvered the ship through them and to open space. Once free of the asteroids he set the course for Naboo.

About that time there was a tremor in the force that only those that were tuned to the force could feel. One that bespoke of evil and darkness.

Last edited by Questor on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:20 pm

Key looked at Perlan. "I have a few tricks of my own, my mentor. I will see you soon," she promised.
She walked them from the bridge down to the gangway. "My first priority is this mission to get that medicine through. It's a worthy test of what this ship can do," she said.
As they departed the ship, she returned to the bridge.
"Mister Krell, when we reach the Naboo System, hide the Kubura behind of the gas giants. Geeto and I will take the Nomad down to Theed. Having the Kubura land there might spoil the surprise for the pirates."

Last edited by psygrimlock on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:57 am

Krell nodded as he jumped the ship into hyperdrive. Once the ship was underway there was not much to do but wait until they arrived. "Well now we are under way with an hour to spare form the time you wanted." he told key. "Not to bad I would say." He rose from the helmsmen's chair. "Can you feel it? The change in the ship? he asked her.

He didn't know if she could or would, or if it was just something about him. When he had first came abourd the Kubura it had felt cold and empty. Now it felt warm and inviting, even the engines sounded as if they were running smoother. Having a crew of humanoids that respected and cared for it, seemed to make the ship more alive then it had before. But of course it might have just been him and the way he felt about ships.

At the edge of the Empire, a single small ship slipped past the picket lines of the Empire. Aboard were two beings. One human looking and the other a humanoid who's race was not known. "The empire will be easier then the New Republic. Fear, ambition, greed and to many a desire to be free will be easy to work with."

"Yes Master." the humanoid replied.

"Easy, yes, but do not under estimate them. It may take a bit of time, but before long I will the emperor of this rag tag empire and bring it to greatness and then move against the New Republic. Now that the Jedi are no more there will be no one to stop me."

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:00 pm

Key felt a strangeness then. In her seat, something was distracting her but she didn't know what. She was Force sensitive but she wasn't formally trained. There were the beginnings of a New Jedi Order since the crushing defeat of the Empire at Endor. But the balance was seriously shifting. Since the old Jedi Council is gone... no longer keeping the traditions and teachings... and indeed the records vault at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant were still blleing rebuilt and recovered. And now even those calling themselves "Grey Jedi" were emerging. An order that does not hold with the restrictions of the old Jedi Order... but neither fully given to the Dark Side as the Sith once were.

Key looked at Krell. "Sort of... but really it's only been 10 minutes." She blinked and then unstrapped herself from her seat, looking around. It would be a few hours to Naboo... even in hyperspace. "Mister Krell, take the Comm. I'm going to the galley for something to eat. You can reach me in the ship's intercom if I'm needed."

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:53 am

Krell had a feeling she enjoyed having him as her First Officer. Calling him Mister Krell instead of Captain. He smiled and nodded to her as she left and moved to the command deck of the bridge and took the command chair there. One of the other crewmen took the helm and monitored their progress. As he sat there he hoped that Key would take up Marcus' offer. They had to begin somewhere. They needed more ships but the type they needed were all in the hands of the empire. In the New Republic and some of the other alliances, there were ships. Since the end of the Rebellion, there was probably those that could be gotten, if you had the money for them. They were quite expensive and usually only planetary governments or the alliance governments could afford them.

How they would come up with enough to make a fleet and challenge the empire he had no idea. But if Key accepted they would have two warships and that was a start.

Time passed and soon the helmsman reported. "Comming up on the Naboo System sir."

"Bring her out of hyperspace and manuver to one of the Gas Giants." Krell ordered.

"Aye sir." the helmsman called back.

Krell hit the intercom, "This is Krell, we are dropping out of hyper drive and will be entering the Naboo Star system. All hands man your stations."

The ship dropped out of hyperspace and was manuvered to the first of the outer Gas Giants. Krell now stood behind the helmsman. "Bring her in close. No one will be able to detect us while we wait."

"Sir aren't we going to Naboo for the medical supplies?" the helmsman asked.

Krell grinned. "Aye that we are, but not with the Kubura." Capt Key will be taking the Nomad down to get them. All will be known here in a short time." he put a hand on the man's shoulder. "Just keep her in close and keep us behind the Gas Giant." He then waited for Key to show up.

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:32 pm

After Key had left the bridge, she took her time going to the galley. It was a bit of a ride to Naboo. Grall had met her in the corridors and the varactyl walked with her. The new crew eyed them strangely until Key met their glances. They weren't used to varactyls, she supposed.
She thought of Marcus's offers. As a warship, the Kubura paled compared to other ships like Nebulon Frigates and the Calamari fleets. The Kubura only had a few turbolaser batteries. It was a good quick strike ship but in a drawn out campaign...
Did these people not understand? Yes, the Kubura had teeth and even fully manned now, she was not fully capable. And she had other visions that perhaps Marcus or Krell did not share.
She mulled over these thoughts while she ate a prepacked ration in the galley.
She was getting a feel for the ship. So when they came out of hyperspace, she was well aware of it.
"Well, Grall... looks like the real work begins," she said as she rose from the table. With a pat for her beloved pet, she cleaned up after eating before returning to the bridge.
She arrived on the bridge a few moments later just as a gas giant dominated the view port.
"Mind the planet's gravity well. Keep us on orbit with one of the moons," she ordered the helmsman. A gas giant had an immense gravity well... too close could be disasterous. She looked at Krell. "We're going on with what we discussed. Geeto, Tak and I will take the Nomad down to Naboo. Stay alert."
She wasn't going to explain to every one on board what the plan was.
She turned to leave the bridge. "Geeto, Tak," she beckoned to her droids to follow her.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:09 am

Once she had left the bridge, Krell opened the com to the ship. "We are going to wait here, hidden by the gas giant. Captain Key will be taking the Nomad to Naboo to pick up the medical supplies. Once she returns we will unload them and her and I will begin to make our way to our destination. The Kubura will follow at max sensor range. Those of you that want a bit of revenge on the pirates, this will be your day." He knew most of the crew probably knew what they were going to be doing.

"Your job is to protect the Nomad should she be jumped by pirates, which is probably going to be a very good possibility. Captain Key has given you all a new home and a new hope, make her proud of you." he flipped off the com and walked over to the long range sensor station. "Keep your eyes on those sensors, he told the woman sitting there.

"Your clear to depart when you are ready." he opened a channel directly to Key.

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:22 am

Of the crew that heard all of that little shipwide briefing, 98 percent were wondering what the hell is the Nomad. Key was still so new to them and most hadn't been on the flight deck to see the small freighter that was parked there. Oh well.
Key and her droids ignored the briefing on the way to the hangar deck. Once aboard the Nomad, they began their preflight check when Krell called over the comm that they were cleared.
"Thanks," she said to Krell. "Just make sure the Kubura is still here when we get back or I will hunt you down to the ends of the galaxy if necessary."
With that, she lifted the Nomad off the deck using the maneuvering thrusters and didn't engage the main engine until they were clear of the Kubura. She hot dogged it a little but she knew what she was doing.
At maximum sublight speed, they proceeded towards Naboo where they landed at the spaceport in Theed to pick up the medical supplies.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:54 am

As the Nomad landed the space port authority's representative moved out to greet Key. Although they had the medical supplies that was to be picked up, they still had to be careful of who they gave them to. Smugglers, pirates and the like would do anything to get their hands on them. That meant posing as a legal cargo hauler.

Also the presence of Imperial troops did not make it any easier. The emperor was not one to waste valuable supplies on those he considered not worthy of them. The emperor was all about control and power, not compassion and earning the respect of the people. It was a tricky business sending humanitarian aid these days.

"What can we do for you Captain." the man said glancing around and keeping an eye on a squad of imperial soldiers marching by at a distance. It was plain to see that the man was a bit nervous. "What cargo are you picking up? Do you have your pick up request?" he held out his hand as if expecting to be handed something. In his other hand he held a data pad.

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Keysla and Geeto were walking down the ramp of the Nomad as the port officer was approaching. Key seemed unconcerned about the Storm Troopers.
"Greetings, I am Captain Keysla Roglund of the Nomad here to pick up medical supplies bound for Toydaria," she said in a confident manner. She handed him a datapad containing her credentials. Of course there was no mention of the Kubura in the credentials. Haha. "I believe you should be expecting me."

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:05 pm

The man was still nervous and looked around. He spoke up where the imperials could hear him as he took the data pad from Key. "Ah yes the mining equipment spare parts for Toydaria." he transfered information from his data pad to hers. He gave her a look that said alot, as he slightly jerked his head towards the imperial stormtroopers.

"Come this way and you can inspect the cargo." He began walking slowly towards a building. He whispered, "If you don't want your ship impounded and you taken to an interrogation room, don't say anything about medical supplies."

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Key followed the man and nodded. "Those troopers have you spooked. They have no reason or cause to bother us," she whispered. "I promise you, I will deliver those goods to Toydaria," she said. Luckily, the Empire's grip wasn't as tight in the Hutt Sector of the galaxy where Toydaria was. Bad idea to pinch the Hutts in anyway.
Key didn't understand this. Naboo had such a long history of being proud people and didn't stand for oppression. The Trade Federation blockade a few decades ago had taught the people of Naboo some valuable lessons.
"So, the Empire has a garrison here now?" she whispered to him as they got out of earshot.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:09 pm

"Yes." he said. "First it was the Trade Federation, and then when the old republic became the empire a garrison was placed here and has never left. Imperial ships constantly come and go. It is said that there is an Imperial Star Destroyer in this sector of space." he took her to the crates that were to be loaded. They were all marked as repair parts for mining equipment.

He motioned for the loading crew to take the cargo out to the Nomad. "Data on your pad will reflect repair parts, should you be questioned. Good luck." he then left her and the loading crew.

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:36 pm

Hearing that, she was glad she had the Kubura hide behind a gas giant. Though, there was no star destroyers showing up on her scanners as she rode the rest of the way in.
"That might make my job much easier then. I'm sure pirates would love to get their hands on the medical supplies. But repair parts aren't as valuable to them on the black market. Not worth the trouble of hijacking it," she replied. She took the data pad and hacked it... changing the destination planet to Rodia to further disguise the cargo and who it is for. She showed the officer what she did. "Here, they're not as likely to be concerned about parts going to Rodia," she explained.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:45 am

The loading crew began moving the crates out to the Nomad. No sooner did they get to the ship then the imperial storm troopers marched over. "Shipping Manafest." one with an orange shoulder pad ordered, as he looked over at Key.

The loading crew looked about anxiously. They hoped that the crates would not be inspected. They also looked at Key to see if she looked nervous or not. If she was the stormtroopers would more then likely want to inspect the cargo and then all hell would break lose.

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:40 am

Key calmly looked at the Trooper and handed him the datapad. She was trying to quietly will the squad leader into realize everything was in order.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:49 am

The Stormtrooper looked at the information on the data pad. "Repair parts." he scrolled down the list. "Excellent. You may proceed with the loading." handing the data pad to Key he turned and signaled his men to move on.

The loading crew proceeded to the ship with releived looks on their faces. They loaded the cargo quickly and gave Key the thumbs up and departed.

Aboard the Kubura Krell paced the bridge. Long range sensors had picked up a Star Destroyer at max range. He didn't want to tangle with it in the Kubura. If he had the Raven it would be a differnt story. The turbo lasers on her were more powerful and would be able to take out the shield generators on the Star Destroyer and leave it vundrable to his more manverable ship. He hoped key would get back soon so they could be on their way and put alot of distance between them and the Star Destroyer.

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:29 pm

Once the cargo was loaded onto the Nomad, Key signed off on it on the officer's datapad. "I bet those miners will be happy to get these parts," she said conversationally as the troopers moved off. She was good at keeping her cool and putting on an act.
She looked at the officer with a glance that she hoped would encourage him. She hated to see Naboo like this.
"Don't worry. This cargo is in good hands," she said... cryptic yet her meaning clear. With that, she and Geeto headed up the ramp.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:38 am

"Aproaching The Bakura system Master." The Sith Aprentice told his master.

"Good. Have the captain bring us in using the captured code and identification of the captured imperial ship. A large cargo ship should not cause any alarm." the Sith Lord answered. Bakura was the new seat of power for the empire. It controlled much of the Outer Rim worlds and a few of the Mid Rim worlds. "The Sith Empire will rule this galaxcy again and this time there will be no Jedi to hinder us."

Krell was begining to wonder if she had run into some trouble on Naboo. With an Imperial Star Destroyer lurking about, he figured that they had a presence on the planet and that could spell trouble. It seemed that the Empire was slowly regaining some of its lost systems, mainly those that had no trust in the New Republic. "Hurry up Key, before that damn star destroyer decides to make a sweep this way." he mumbled.

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:16 pm

Once aboard the Nomad, Key kickstarted the main entrance in case she'd have to do some fast maneuvering. She radiod the port control for clearance to depart and was already lifting off the landing platform. She was cleared immediately and she kicked in the main engine, heading up.
After she was clear of Naboo, she did a scan and detected the Star Destroyer... but pretty far out. Still, she maintained radio silence... not wanting to risk the Kubura's hiding place. She opened up to full throttle to head out of the system, making sure the gas giant was part of the course. So to anyone monitoring space traffic.
It was a mere 20 minutes before the Nomad was making a wide sweeping orbital pass around the gas giant, using the sheer size of the planet to hide her little ship. She was eager to rondezvous with the Kubura and get out of here.
So then soon enough, the Nomad is touching down on the Kubura's flight deck. She opens the comm to inside the ship only.
"Helm, plot us a course out of this system! Let's get underway!" she ordered before she even left the Nomad's cockpit.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:00 am

Once the Nomad was spotted on its way back, Krell was able to relax. Once back on board the Kubrua he felt more comfortable. "Aye captain the helmsman replied to the captain. "Course already laid in and engaging now." The ship moved away from the Gas Giant and on a course that would keep it between them and the star destroyer.

Krell ordered a number of the crew to go down to the flight deck and remove the cargo from the Nomad. Krell went down to the flight deck and waited for Key to emerge from the Nomad. The crew members began unloading the cargo and before long the Nomad was emptied of cargo and would be ready for its decoy mission.

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:18 pm

Key and her Droids soon came walking down the gangplank. She looked at Krell and said, "Radio silence until we leave this system. I don't want that Star Destroyer to know this ship is anywhere in this part of the galaxy. That's why I didn't contact you after I left Naboo," she said. "That also means no links to the galactic holonet until we're at least half a light year away."
Yes, she'd rather have said hello to Krell as he'd come to welcome her back... but the safety of her Kubura was a high priority to her.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:02 pm

Krell looked at her, "Already implemented." he told her. He was not about to have the Star Destroyer investigating them. "We will be making the jump in about fifteen minutes, after we have escaped the gravity of the gas giant."

Krell then began walking back towards the entrance of the landing bay. They would be making a short jump that would give them the distance they needed from the Naboo system and anything that would pick them up on sensors. There the Nomad would once again take off and become the bait. He would be going along this time with her. He would be manning one of the turrets to make it look as if they were trying to put up a fight. The Kubura would be following at extreme range. "It will be a bit yet before we reach the coordinates that we will leave in the Nomad. he told her.

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:07 pm

"Excellent," she said. She turned to idly watch the men and labor droids unloading the Nomad.
"So where do you think is a good place to set up our little trap?" she asked him. She was eager to complete this phase. Although, she didn't know Krell planned to go with her. Someone has to be in command of the Kubura.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next