The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If the Sun Can't Shine then maybe the world can't find you (Open)

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

If the Sun Can't Shine then maybe the world can't find you (Open) - Page 3 Empty Re: If the Sun Can't Shine then maybe the world can't find you (Open)

Post by psygrimlock Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:15 pm

"You should see the drills we did on the team," she said to Jay. She watched him do his set. Inwardly, she wasn't surprised that he did it so easily with more weight applied.
Sarah rolled her eyes at Shannon's comment, "She must have told you about us playing soccer. There were times I thought the coach was going to have to drag Shannon off the field."
Shannon chuckled in good humor. "I'm just very competitive and hated to be sidelined or substituted," she admitted.
After Jay was done, Shannon said, "My turn!" She put the pin back to 35 lbs and took a seat on the bench. She did the set with only her right leg at a steady pace.

psygrimlock

Female Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

If the Sun Can't Shine then maybe the world can't find you (Open) - Page 3 Empty Re: If the Sun Can't Shine then maybe the world can't find you (Open)

Post by Darious_Knightengale Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Jay grinned slightly..."being competitive is a good thing." he says with a chuckle as he then watched Shannon.."just don't over do it." he says with a smile as he watched her quite impressed. "so what do you do with your spare time?" He asks her with a smile
Darious_Knightengale
Darious_Knightengale

Male Number of posts : 9425
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:57 pm

"Hey, don't sweat it. This is my good leg," Shannon says with a grin. She looked around at the other available equipment. "So do we stay here or do another? Maybe upper body?" she asked.
"Ehh... I think you two will have the advantage over me when it comes to upper body strength," Sarah remarks.
Indeed, Shannon's arms looked rather firm but not gross like a GLOW girl. She shrugged, "help out in the barn then, Sarah," she suggested.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Darious_Knightengale Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Jay smiles..."I see." He says as he then nodded slightly..."Sure upper body sounds good..."How much weight you want on it?" He asks curiously as he walked over to the bench press. "Farm works always good for you...My parents used to do that before they got into bigger businesses" He says
Darious_Knightengale
Darious_Knightengale

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:17 pm

"You want to do barbels? Okay," she said as she and Sarah followed him. She had something else in mind. "Well if I'm going first," she said. She set up the weights on her own until it's 50 lbs over all. "This should be a good place to start," she mused as she chalked up her hands before she took her place on the bench, laying back.
Sarah was watchful as her 'sister' took hold of the bar.
Shannon lifted the barbell and carefully lowered it. You could see her take the weight though struggle a little bit pushing it back up. She didn't quit, though.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Darious_Knightengale Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:37 am

Jay watched her curiously cocking his head to the side. "Your very determined." He says as he rested watched closely just incase..."I could do it one handed thought." He says teasingly.
Darious_Knightengale
Darious_Knightengale

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Determined... she's had to be... it's kept her and Sarah alive... that and a lot of luck.
"I don't quit that easily," she replies to him. She ignores his 'one handed' brag.
Shannon slowly but steadily manages 10 reps. Sarah watches with her breath held in worry for her sister, ready to jump in.
Shannon places the barbell back on the rests after the last rep. She gets up off the bench for someone else to have a turn.
Sarah was glaring at her... thinking, was that really necessary?
Shannon heard her and thought back, you worry too much. I was fine.
Sarah shakes her head but only the girls are aware of the private exchange.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Darious_Knightengale Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:38 pm

Jay looked to her and grinned..."Thats a good think in my book." He says with a smile as he watched her get up.."Alright Sarah your turn." He says as he looked to her..."I'll go last." He grinned
Darious_Knightengale
Darious_Knightengale

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:56 pm

Shannon looked back at Jay but couldn't really reply with more than a nod.
Sarah looked at the barbell with uncertainty. She couldn't handle the weight that Shannon could. Shannon adjusted the weights on the bar so that the weight was less.
"Come on, Sarah... I'll spot for ya," Shannon said reassuringly. It was easy to tell that the girls had a very close relationship.
Sarah said, "Okay" and took her turn with Shannon helping her.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Darious_Knightengale Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:03 am

Jay watched as Shannon adjusted the bar weights. He then watched as Sarah got settled in on the bench. "You to are very close...Thats a good thing." He says with a smile.
Darious_Knightengale
Darious_Knightengale

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:48 pm

Shannon helped guide the barbell and steady it as Sarah pressed it back up. She wasn't going to allow the other girl to harm herself. She looks at Jay and nods. "We are very close. It's been very important in recent years," she said... not explaining that notion further. Though, she could as easily mean that they mainly have each other since their 'father' is never home.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Darious_Knightengale Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Jay smiles.."that's good...being close to family is very important.." he says as he watched Sarah lifted the weight...he then looked around seeing that they were still being watched by the other kids..."you realize were being watched continuously.."he says
Darious_Knightengale
Darious_Knightengale

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:58 pm

Shannon had been very aware of the fact that their classmates were watching them. However, she ignored their gazes. Sarah, now sitting up, looked around and felt a little self conscious. "Why are so many of them looking at us?" she asked.
Shannon looks at Jay. "I was under the impression from overhearing discussions from a couple boys behind us in biology that you typically keep to yourself. It seems some are surprised that you're talking to anyone," she says... though not in a tone meant to offend Jay.... merely stating an observation.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Darious_Knightengale Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:01 pm

He looked to her..."Yeah I usually do keep to my self....I'm not a very good people person." He says as he looked to her..."But I figured a few friends is better then none."
Darious_Knightengale
Darious_Knightengale

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:55 pm

Shannon kind of liked that her perceptions had been correct. She was typically very observant which has served her well in the past. "Yes, it's good to have friends," she agreed quietly. Though, she wondered in her head what kind of friend she could be here. Most likely she'd move again after Andrew had graduated. Both Sarah and Drew kind of needed her around since their mother disappeared.
After a few more sets and reps, Coach Clapp called an end to the weights and for the students to hit the locker rooms before the final bell.
"It was fun to kind of work out together," Shannon remarked to Jay before the two girls left to go change.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Darious_Knightengale Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:01 pm

He smiles nodding his head..."I agree." He says with a smile. He looked over to the coach and then back to Shannon..."I agree." He says with a grin as he then headed to the locker room to change as well. After that he waited beside the gym seeing her come out.
Darious_Knightengale
Darious_Knightengale

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:55 pm

The girls came out of the locker room together... coming outside into the rain. The rain didn't seem to bother Shannon that much as the girls made their way over to you.
Shannon asked, "Were you waiting for us?" She said with a smile and curious.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Darious_Knightengale Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:14 pm

He looked up seeing them come out, when they came over to him. "Yeah I was waiting...I guess I'll see you all after the weekend then?" He says as he looked to Shannon.
Darious_Knightengale
Darious_Knightengale

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:53 pm

Sarah noticed the look Jay gave Shannon and smiled... she looked away discreetly and decided to go on ahead to where their lockers were.
Shannon saw the look, too, and tried to downplay it. He was just friendly. "Umm... yeah. I'll see you on Monday, Jay," she said.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Darious_Knightengale Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:01 pm

He smiles. "Alright then sounds good to me." He says as he then headed out side dissappearing quickly.
Darious_Knightengale
Darious_Knightengale

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:47 pm

Shannon looked surprised when he suddenly was gone. When she came out of the gym, he was nowhere in sight. She sighed and then shook her head. She told herself to get a grip and went on her way to catch up to Sarah.
The girls have to wait a bit for Andrew to join them in the parking lot before they can leave and go pick up Emma from her school... just a couple blocks down.
Back at the house, they spend the afternoon around the kitchen table doing homework. Something that Shannon insists on... a sort of study session paired with talking about their day, etc.
Demidra also joins them after a day of exploring more of the Olympic forest, finding it splendid hunting grounds as well as great for fishing... freshwater and ocean. The little dragon typically hunts small game... rabbits, rodents, ducks, snakes, fish, discovering that marmots are tastey here. Sometimes she'll go for the young of the larger herbivores. She, again, came across traces of a scent that makes her uneasy and now finding it faintly around Shannon and Sarah.... Demidra doesn't voice her concerns but stays alert around the house that evening.
After dinner, Shannon heads out to the barn to get the horses in. Demidra goes with her... the dragon likes being outdoors, preferring to be on the wing instead of on the ground. It's been a long standing rule that there's no flying indoors.
The horses aren't spooked by the small dragon's presence... used to it. Demidra looks around carefully... though, she can't see perfectly in the dark... it's better than what a human can see in the dark.
"Is something bothering you, Dem?" Shannon asks.
Demidra does her best to simulate a human shrug. "No... I guess old habits just die hard," says the dragon... hiding her cautions from her partner. "We should hurry up a bit. I can feel the temperature dropping. It's going to get cold overnight. It might even freeze over the weekend. Something blowing in off the Pacific." Demidra shivers, although she's not really cold.
"Right," says Shannon as they're leading in Lis... the buckskin morgan she's been training. Demidra has the lead to Emma's Gypsy Vanner mare, Sonya, who follows quietly. Vanners are widely known for their very placid temperaments... even around children.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Darious_Knightengale Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:13 am

Jay went home and sat in the living room reading a book before getting up and stretching before walking outside and looking around. He then went out to hunt getting a small deer draining it dry before burrying it and then going out by Shannons place once more just observing from a distance.
Darious_Knightengale
Darious_Knightengale

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:32 am

The little dragon was still helping Shannon with the horses. Although, it was funny to see Demidra trying to fly with pails full of feed, Demidra never complained about the weight.
When all was finished, Shannon and the dragon made their way back from the barn and towards the house. Demidra landed lightly on the porch railing and looked around into the forest, though unsure of where to look.
Shannon shivered as she came up the porch steps. "Come on, Dem, it's getting cold out here," she said.
Demidra folded her wings and jumped down to the porch floor, entering the house as Shannon opens the door.
For much of that weekend, the humans stayed indoors. Shannon, of course, took trips out to the barn to make sure the horses were okay and fed. And each time the dragon went with her.
Kiba, Shannon's wolf mix, was an animal that preferred to stay outside. Though in the worst of the ice storm, he sheltered inside the barn.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Darious_Knightengale Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:38 pm

He seen the dragon cocking his head to the side..He was getting curious now. He watched as they headded inside and he shook his head slightly..."Thats alittle odd." He says as he leaned agaisnt the tree. He then looked to the sky seeing the storm comming in..."Damn." He muttered before he took off going back to his place.
Darious_Knightengale
Darious_Knightengale

Back to top Go down

Post by psygrimlock Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:17 pm

The weather stayed cold all weekend. The girls spent little time outside the house, except to tend the horses. Even Demidra did not hunt in the ice storm since it was too risky and any quarry would be hunkered down as well.
Monday morning, Shannon listened to her radio as she got ready for the day. The schools were not closed but some slick spots in the roads were reported. As she looked out the window, she saw many of the trees seemingly covered in ice... it was like looking at a crystalline forest.
She was downstairs in the kitchen fixing lunches when the other three came down for breakfast. A quiet affair as the humans munched on cereal and toast.
Forty-five minutes later, after dropping of Emma at her school, Shannon, Sarah and Drew arrive at school. Shannon elected to drive her heavier F-350 since it had 4 wheel drive and the diesel engine seemed to purr as the navy blue truck pulled into the parking lot. The icey spots were no problem for the heavy duty dually truck.
Shannon had actually gotten a little creative with this truck. On the top front corners of the cab was mounted the curved horn of a steer. On the back corners there were small (but loud) airhorns. The front end of the truck was protected by a stainless steel grill guard with a winch mounted as well. The mudflaps behind the four rear wheels were custom and read 'The Ox'. A decal on each front fender also read 'The Ox' apparently dubbing the truck thusly. Shannon had bought the truck to do a number of tasks, including towing horse trailers. The fact that the Ox was blue added a bit of a joke, though she'd simply wonder who made the connection. Shannon's brother, Sean, had helped a lot in equiping and detailing the vehicle.
The girls and Drew got out of the truck... or climbed out of the truck might be more precise. It was equipped with running boards.
Shannon looked around idly as she got out. She wasn't even sure what she was looking for. She didn't know if Jay had a vehicle or what he drove. They were a little early, too.
"See ya!" said Drew as the sophomore shouldered his bookbag and headed on towards the building.

psygrimlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next