The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of Dust and Feather (Mature, Reserved for Tiggy)

2 posters

Go down

Of Dust and Feather (Mature, Reserved for Tiggy) Empty Of Dust and Feather (Mature, Reserved for Tiggy)

Post by Scylothia Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:09 pm

The angelic twins were at it again this morning. The dawn was imminent, and in the dark indigo of the western sky, a glimmer of light could be seen. It began as a twinkle, then in a matter of moments it had grown into a comet. As it sank to the earth, the reddish tinge of the comet could be distinguished. Then, this red comet did a most unusual thing—well, unusual for any humans who may have witnessed the spectacle—and slowed down, alighting on a narrow ledge of stone that jutted above the tree line of the mountains below. The last flare of the comet dissipated, leaving where it had been a handsome dark-haired angel instead. His wings were patterned like an owl’s, speckled red with hints of bands on the feathers, from the red hawk side of his father’s family. Named Milos, he was the younger of the twins.
The elder, one with the pristine white and cream banded wings of his mother, came soaring down at Milos with a screech, in the form of a giant eagle owl.
Milos was caught off guard, but recovered quickly, adjusting his form into a redder version of the eagle owl, and the two brothers were locked talon to talon, spinning about in the air a bit and showing off.
Milos broke the talon lock and shoved his brother away, landing on another ridge, wings partially unfurled in case he needed to make a quick getaway. But there was no need. The white owl alighted on a natural bridge to nowhere, and phased form into his normal one.
Milos followed Reyson’s example and changed back into his birth form, and the two angels, wings unfurled for balance and instantaneous flight, squared off.
“Sneaking around today, are we?” Milos taunted, grinning.
“There is a divine difference between sneaking around and catching your enemy by surprise.” Reyson shot back also grinning.
Both brothers squatted down then, and with a furious pound of their wings each sprang into the air in opposite directions.
They made a grand circle in the sky, then clashed together in an impressive display of aerial swordplay.

Watching the twins up to their usual antics, among a few other angels in the colony, was Ekida, a lady archangel of the ninth echelon. She had just completed her morning hunt, and had cooked up her baby sister a good breakfast of it, and left it in her room. She was now perched, along with Feye, Reyson’s associate from the third echelon—six ranks higher than Ekida herself—preparing to sunbathe but unable to resist the flashy if not entertaining display the twin brothers were putting on. They did it almost every morning, and was a usual sight among this part of the colony. Some, like Ekida, even looked to it as a welcome sign of the colony’s health.
Even angels sometimes worried about the continuation of their species.

“Oh, come on, Milos!” Ekida shouted, a hint of sport in her tone. “Stop letting him hit you!”
Feye, of course, was holding up the other persuasion. As she sent up a cheer for Reyson, the sun finally crested over the horizon, casting the world into light once more and illuminating the sparring twins with beautiful, shocking, almost Baroque quality. Two gleaming beacons against the dark western sky.
Scylothia
Scylothia

Female Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2011-01-15

Back to top Go down

Of Dust and Feather (Mature, Reserved for Tiggy) Empty Re: Of Dust and Feather (Mature, Reserved for Tiggy)

Post by tigresswarrior Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:39 pm

[Mine!]
tigresswarrior
tigresswarrior

Male Number of posts : 1233
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Of Dust and Feather (Mature, Reserved for Tiggy) Empty Re: Of Dust and Feather (Mature, Reserved for Tiggy)

Post by Scylothia Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:48 pm

(lol)
Scylothia
Scylothia

Back to top Go down

Post by tigresswarrior Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:20 pm

Of Dust and Feather (Mature, Reserved for Tiggy) Fe27b55b

Curled up in her bed, Avani slept in, something she loved to do if she had the chance. This was one of those lazy mornings she was able to catch. It wasn't long, though, till the scent of food came to her nose, and she woke up, to find the breakfast her sister had made for her. Smiling softly, she sat up and reached for the plate, and ate the breakfast in bed. Her sister always seemed to take care of her before her own self. Avani sometimes found it annoying, often claiming that she could manage to take care of herself. But, of course, it was nearly impossible to convince Ekida. It was disconcerting to think the only way she could get independence from her sister, was to find a suitable mate. And that didn't seem that tempting either, as she wanted to find love, but felt like none of the men would give her a second glance, as she was just a healer, and not one from the ranks.

She was happy, of course, even if her sister tended to over do taking care of her sometimes. Sometimes, it was just easier to not fight Ekida on the matter. Finishing her breakfast, she climbed out of bed, and went to take a soothing bath with scents and oils. Spending a good amount of time washing and taking care of her body, she eventually climbed out, and pulled on the white robe that said she was a healer, it was embroidered with Celtic symbols that had the various meanings of healing. Then she brushed out her hair, scenting it, and braiding it, and putting her favorite flower, the red passion flower in the middle of her braid. It was an unusual flower, which was what had originally attracted her.

Finally dressed and ready, she left her room, and went to find her sister. The first thing she saw, were the twins play fighting. It amused her, and she watched them for a moment, before spotting her sister, and going over to her. “Good morning sister. Are they at it again?” she asked softly, smiling, her gaze shifting to the male angels. The were rather handsome, especially Reyson.
tigresswarrior
tigresswarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Scylothia Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:12 am

“Well good morning sleepy head.” Ekida said, grinning. She put an arm over her baby sister’s shoulders.
“Yup, they’re at it again. And your boyfriend’s kicking arse.” Ekida was no fool. She knew that behind the scenes Avani and Reyson were talking. And perhaps more than that. She’d seen them out flying together once.
She wasn’t sure where that friendship would go, but wherever it went she hoped for the best. Maybe if Avani was mated she wouldn’t feel so obligated to care for her.
Besides, being mated to an Archangel, let alone one from the Third Echelon would certainly put her precious sister higher up in rank and Avani may garner the respect she deserved from the others of their colony.
Watching as Milos and Reyson brought their little duel to a delicious draw, she turned to Avani. “So, did she sleep well, love? You were sort of tossing and turning half the night. Was it the nightmares again?”
Scylothia
Scylothia

Back to top Go down

Post by tigresswarrior Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:47 pm

"Wait, you think he's my boyfriend?" Avani asked, a bit startled, she hadn't made anything public, she didn't even know exactly how she felt about him. Her cheeks blushed, as she shifted her gaze to her sister, and smiled sheepishly. She really did like Reyson, he was handsome, kind, trustworthy, and he made her feel safe and cared for.
"I slept alright. I had some nightmares, I wish I could learn to block the pain and suffering of others. When I'm awake, I just feel those who are close by, but when I sleep, I think I feel those who are so far away that I can't reach them, so I can't help them. I want to help everyone, but I can't. I hear their screams, feel their pain, and I feel helpless."
tigresswarrior
tigresswarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Scylothia Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:07 am

"Oh, I know he is, sweetheart--" she lifted her sister's shin to kiss her forehead. "--Even if you don't know it yourself yet."
She listened to Avani's words as she described her nightmares, then Ekida sighed, stretching her wings and fluttering the tips gently, thinking hard on the situation. She furled her wings, and then turned to Feye.
"Perhaps Lady Galadriel might be able to help? She's a champion of training the mind."
Feye thought. "Well, I suppose if anyone could it would be her."
Smiling, Ekida turned back to her sister. "How about it? I can take you to her after the sun's climbed a little higher?"
Of course, she spoke of another of the five angels holding the Third Echelon,
Feye, Reyson, Galadriel, Antianna, and Charijon. The second Echelon only had three council members, Tiroguey, Taiga ((<3)), and Phantom.
The First Echelon, the spot held exclusively by the Abhereyne, a position so recently renamed after the twins' father, still stood empty.
Scylothia
Scylothia

Back to top Go down

Post by tigresswarrior Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:19 am

Avani looked up to her sister, feeling the kiss on her forehead. Her cheeks blushed. "And you're so sure?" she asked, shyly.
Listening to Feye and Ekida talk about who might help her, she thought about letting her sister take her to Lady Galadriel. "Oh I do not know. I suppose, but I do not know how much help she can be," the young angel replied softly.

Avani had faith in the higher level angels, she trusted them all. It was just hard, her dreams were rather intense, and frightening. Sometimes she saw battles, watching people get wounded, and sometimes she watched people get tortured, she even sometimes saw childbirth, which was supposed to be a beautiful thing, as a baby was being born, but the pain of the women was terrifying.
tigresswarrior
tigresswarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down