The Uimate Role-Playing Group Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rebellion (( Mature, Male, R. reserved for Scy))

3 posters

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Rebellion (( Mature, Male, R. reserved for Scy)) - Page 7 Empty Re: Rebellion (( Mature, Male, R. reserved for Scy))

Post by Scylothia Sun May 08, 2011 8:36 pm

He smiled. "Well, the secret's out. MJ put two and two together. She's no fool of a woman. She gave me hell after you left, but I managed to talk her down." He returned her kiss with affection, and held her tight.
Triton snorted and groaned softly, lowering his head and pressing it against her side.
"Heey, now, stud. Don't be hitting on my girlfriend." Cale said, grinning. Triton snorted and flicked his tail, and as Cale laughed hardily, once again it seemed as if the cowboy was having conversations with the animals around him--the same thing that the elves had been known for.
"I'll miss him, but, hey, gives me even more of an excuse to come by once or twice a week." he looped his arm around her side, dipping her down a little. "Not that I don't have a good one already."
He winked at her, then leaned her back up on her feet and with a clicking of his tongue he took the stallion inside.
as he came back out, the semi hauling her bull and the few heifers she'd bought was pulling in. The air brakes hissed and the parking break groaned after the trailer was backed into the corral. Cale had an even wider grin as a powerful man around his own age stepped down from the cab. The two greeted each other, and it became clear that they were old friends when they punched each other's shoulders.
The trucker was broad shouldered and muscular man with blonde hair and blue eyes, and despite Cale's size it was much easier to believe that he had elven blood--he was so much more slender up against his friend.
Cale waved Mari over, and then introduced her. "Mari, this is Drachen Beisn. He was one of my friends in school."
Scylothia
Scylothia

Female Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2011-01-15

Back to top Go down

Rebellion (( Mature, Male, R. reserved for Scy)) - Page 7 Empty Re: Rebellion (( Mature, Male, R. reserved for Scy))

Post by silverwolflady Sun May 08, 2011 10:13 pm

she grimaced at the news of Mj figuring things out. " ouch. hope that chewing she gave you wasn't too bad.. what all did she say?" she was curious and he easily had her smiling again with his hug. then Triton had her laughing as he bumped her side. reaching over she gave the spot between his ears an effectionate rub. " aww poor thing. Cale needs to learn to share dont he?" she grinned at cale, teasing him even as she got the feeling he was actually talking and understanding the stud. laughing again when he dipped her she smiled " oh yes definitely.careful now or you will be here every day of the week."

once he released she watched him take Triton to his stall,before turning as she heard the other truck come in and park after it backed up, her eyes went wide as she watched a blonde haired blue eyed man stepped out and goof off with Cale when he returned. *good lord if i didnt know any better he could be Adonis... *she couldnt help thinking of the greek man in those stories of hercules and such. shaking her head she smiled and walked over to cale as he motioned for her. " well i figured as much since the two of you are smacking each other. " grinned, not caring that she was covered in her truck filth" nice to meet you.. did you two need any help unloading or would you like to have some food and drink waiting for you after your done?." she always made sure anyone who did a job for her, got fed and or paid.it was always a good thing to let them know she appreciated there help.
silverwolflady
silverwolflady

Female Number of posts : 14989
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Scylothia Sun May 08, 2011 11:30 pm

"Well, you know, the usual shit; how long, where did we meet, are we serious, et cetera et cetera. Luckily though my uncle intervened before long, and before she asked the big question. He told her off, saying that I'm a grown man now and it's none of her business who I date and how I date her, pr the nature of the relationship."
He chuckled. "My aunt's a sweet, old-fashioned woman I'll give her that, but I was hard pressed not to agree with my uncle."

"No, we"ll be fine." Cale said. "If you can guide the beasties into the corral, we can have this done and packed up in thirty minutes. Then we'll think about food."
Drachen climbed up onto the back of the trailer, and then with Cale's signal undid the ramp and opened the lock. The heifers were quick but lazy in disembarking, and it took a few whistles from the two men to persuade them to allow the other passengers to unload as well.
The bull was the last out, and Cale saw a look in his eyes he didn't like, and so indicated to his comrades to be cautious and quiet.
A few minutes later, as Drachen fired up the engine to get it going, and as he started to head, he blanched. The bull had reared from the sound, bellowing and running straight at Cale. Before Drachen could warn him, Cale had looked up only a fraction too late as he clanged the trailer door into place.
This of course only spooked the massive, dim-witted animal into a more ferocious charge.
Cale barely had time to vault the fence as the bull's horns clanged against the metal door. The creature bellowed, and Cale groaned, climbing to his knees and looking back. Then he panicked again when he saw the bull whirl around at Mari, who to Cale's dismay hadn't escaped the corral yet.
"MARI!" he cried, and then suddenly, without thought, the cowboy vaulted the fence then, leaving his stetson in the dust as he broke into a run after the bull--and then transformed.
Skin vanished beneath a thick coat of jet black fur, fingernails became claws, and the creature rushing to his companion's aid was no longer the sinfully handsome cowboy, but an equally handsome black wolf--the same that had appeared on the ridge just last night and howled his heartbreaking song.

Wolves are faster than cattle, and Cale easily caught up to the animal and snapped at its heels, forcing it to halt in its tracks and turn on him.
Drachen had run to the fence closest to Mari, and held out his hands. "Mari! Come on!" he said, with a note of authority he hadn't meant to use.
Once he had helped her over the rails, he watched in terrified horror as the bull and black canine tangoed around the pen, stirring up the heifers a bit, but who thankfully trotted in the other direction, towards the far side of the corral.

Cale snarled at the bull and the bull bellowed back. Whenever the massive animal tried to flee this predator before him, back at Mari and Drachen, Cale nipped at the bull's heels once more, enticing it away a time towards the cattle barn. Finally, after ten minutes of bated breath, the bull charged into the open barn, and Cale, to his dismay, was blocked in. So, he waited until the bull was almost upon him before leaping up and over across its back--but not before one horn gored Cale's side.
With the shriek of a wolf the injured cowboy slammed himself to the ground, but he could not lie there for very long. The bull was coming back. Cale got up best as he could, then bolted, bleeding, out of the corral and dove between the two bottom rails before crumpling down in the dust, panting.
Scylothia
Scylothia

Back to top Go down

Post by silverwolflady Mon May 09, 2011 7:46 am

she laughed softly , smiling and glad that his uncle managed to soothe things over and get MJ off his back about the two being together " ahh well , thats alright, just as long as they know your an adult and you can do things without getting permission from others" teased, nudging him before nodding. " well alright i will guide them in the corral. lets get started" stretching she went into the chute, that led to the corral , making sure to stay out of the way so as not to get stepped on as they heifers began to get unloaded..

She relaxed as the last heifer was unloaded and then the bull, when cale motioned for them to be quiet and cautious , she did so, eying the bull warily , once the bull was unloaded and they where ready to close up the trailers , she had turned to do something with the chute gate when the bull panicked, it all happened so fast that she watched the bull barrel down on Cale, seeing him vault over the fence before to her bad luck, the bull turned on her and ran straight for her, she was shocked, stunned really , startled even more to hear Cale's shout, nearly stumbled back before her eyes widened more in complete and utter shock to see Cale go straight for the bull, before turning into a very familiar black wolf.

Sucking in a shocked breath , she stood there stunned in disbelief of what she had just seen , frozen in her spot, only to be jolted to move by Drachen's authoritive demand to get moving, turning she reached for his hand and allowed him to haul her over the fence where she turned and peeked over the railing to see the wolf and bull facing off with each other in some sort of dance type move where Cale/ the wolf would snap at its heels and back him up into the barn. She was still in a state of shock, and wonder, not even sure if she wanted to belief what her eyes had seen Cale do. It was all extremely hard to wrap her brain around.

bloody hell i did not just see my boyfriend do what i think i just saw him do. chewing her lip with worry she watched the two until they disappeared into the barn. scowling and swearing, she pushed away from Drachen. " cale! demmit you better not get yourself killed" hissed, worried and nearly panic stricken for him she stumbled to try and get around the barn , freezing the moment she heard the wolf's shriek's of pain, she felt like a freezing cold feeling of terror go through her body, hoping to hell that Cale was alright.

She saw something black squirm its way between two railings, glancing about and ignoring anything Drachen did, she followed the drops of blood to where she found the wolf crumpled on the ground, licking her lip a little, not from nerves, but just a habit to try and ease her breathing and slowly scoot closer to the wolf, kneeling down to make herself less of a threat, even though she saw Cale turn into him, she still wasn't sure and didn't want to make the wolf bite her by feeling like he was cornered, glancing about before turning back to him she kept her voice low. " no idea if i saw was real but .. i am not freaking out... " mumbled before relaxing a little more and easing her voice into the gentle tone she used on injured animals, that always worked to let her help them. " alright baby, you bite me , i will have no problem with socking you in the nose." she warned, later she was sure she would freak out from shock, first from the near goring she got from the bull, and second, seeing cale change like that.. she needed a really strong drink, glancing at his side she scooted closer.." your injured, lemme help."
silverwolflady
silverwolflady

Back to top Go down

Post by Scylothia Mon May 09, 2011 10:44 am

Panting, and whining softly as he struggled to collect himself, Cale stared off, a slightly glazed look coming over his eyes. His side was sliced open, though thankfully it was shallow, though he could feel that his ribs had been grazed by the bull's horn. However, there was one deep puncture in the fleshy part of his abdomen that promised to be trouble. Lucky he had been in this form when it had happened--as a man it would have pierced one of his organs.
It was Mari's voice that snapped him back to reality and away from the void of unconsciousness.
He lifted his head to look at her--out of those same, eerily beautiful grey eyes. It was then that realized exactly what had happened, and that now the girl he'd been trying so hard to impress knew everything he'd hoped to tell her gradually. This devastated him. He knew, or at least he thought he knew, that as soon as her adrenaline wore off she'd realize the full gravity of the situation, and he didn't think she'd want anything to do with him then. How could she trust a man with so many secrets?
Groaning a little in pain the wolf rolled onto to his feet, then once more changed back into the cowboy, who held his side, looked his girlfriend straight in the eye, then kicked up into a run, bolting for his truck and muttering, "Sorry," as he put distance between them.
He got in the cab, and as Drachen made a run for him, he fired up the engine, and was out of the driveway in moments and a cloud of dust, leaving his embroidered white stetson where it lay by the corral.

Drachen growled. He went to his trailer, and began the complicated process of unhitching it, saying, "He told me your trucks out of commission. And you'll never catch him on a horse. Get in the cockpit, and I'll do what I can to help you catch him."

Cale was awake and alert now, and as he drove down the freeway the same dark thoughts he'd experienced when she'd spoken to him kept swirling around in his head. His side had begun to coagulate, but a few drops still managed to get on his seat cover. He was grateful that he had the covers--at least he didn't have to re-upholster his truck every time he was dusty, muddy, or in this case, bloody.
Driving one-handed he kept a towel that had been in his glove box pressed into his wound. A lesser man would have passed out by now, one that did not have the blood of elves and, therefore, angels, coursing through his veins. In fact, even watered down the red fluid in his side had the slight purple tinge to it that the elves shared with angels, whose blood was so violet it was almost blue, hence the term, 'blue-blood'.
He looked down to where his phone was ringing on the seat next to him, and he didn't answer it. He knew Drachen was still with Mari and regardless of which one had called, he couldn't bring himself to speak to the woman he felt like he'd betrayed.
Cale found the turn-in for his ranch, and he pulled onto it. He didn't even stop at the house as he drove on down the dirt road, to a patch of trees down by the river where he could feel a little more secure at the moment. Luckily most of the ranch was having lunch right now, so most hadn't noticed thier boss's truck rumbling by. Once in the shelter of the trees, Cale grabbed the first aid kit from behind the passenger seat, and opened his driver side door. He pulled off his shirt, and tosses it into the floor of the passenger side. The bleeding had stopped now, and he washed the crusts away with a bottle of water.
He sprayed himself down with the peroxide in the kit--with a handy spray pump instead of a cap-- and hissed softly as it fizzled and foamed along his open flesh. He wiped it away with the towel and did this a few more times until the fizz was minimal. He winced at the thought of the next task as he threaded a hooked needle with a special string that, like catgut strings used by veterinarians, would absorb into his skin as it healed, reducing scarring and greatly reducing the risk of infection.
He bit down on his leather glove and rubbed an alcohol pad over the point where a moment later, he pierced his own flesh with the needle and began to sew. Tears streamed down his taunt and tanned cheeks, and he all but punctured the glove for several agonizing minutes until finally, he cut the thread and leaned back against the headrest of the seat, pale and panting.
He took a few minutes longer to compose himself and keep from passing out until he felt the will to move again, and finished the task.
He sprayed peroxide over the stitched cut again, and once it stopped fizzing he gingerly dabbed it away. Then, he put antibiotic ointment over the cut, then a gauze pad, until finally he taped up his throbbing side, and began to pack away the first aid kit.
He frowned at his ruined shirt, and stuffed it into a plastic bag. He'd burn it later. For now, he put on a spare shirt he had in the back of the cab, left the door open, and leaned back against the headrest again, eyes closed, and letting himself think.
Scylothia
Scylothia

Back to top Go down

Post by silverwolflady Mon May 09, 2011 12:06 pm

She had nearly been able to touch him until he scared the crap out of her and popped up suddenly , she fell on her ass, shocked as she stared wide eyed as he shifted back and took off, muttering something that sounded like , sorry, to her. she blinked several times, watching as he kicked up dust and took off in his truck., she barely even heard Drachen calling out to him before going to his own vehicle and unhooked the trailer.

Getting up suddenly she nodded at his words and climbed into the cockpit, having her cell with her she took it out, staring at it for a while as Drachen started to try and follow cale, she had no idea where he would go and figured that once he wanted to disappear, there was no way in finding him. Closing her eyes and leaned back she rubbed her temple, having a large migraine start. Opening her eyes slowly she hit the speed dial button for Cale's number, getting frustrated when it just rang and rang before clicking over to voice mail. cursing vividly she snapped the phone shut and for the next three hours kept trying to call him, still nothing.

Drachen of course had tried several times to get her to relax a little and tell her over and over again that they would find him, she doubted it however, the more she thought about it the more she hurt, he had run from her.. that hurt the most, though she could figure out why, he was freaking out that she just found out another one of his secrets. Didn't take long for her to begin to wonder on what others he had.

They spent most of the day looking for him, she didn't think he would have gone back to the ranch since she figured that would have been the first place to look for him so decided to avoid it. Cale was smarter then that anyways, he would go somewhere not very obvious.. Telling Drachen to just turn around and take her back home she settled down again as he did.

Once home, and more disheartened then ever, she stepped out of his truck and closed the door.. glancing at drachen, weary and feeling like she needed to sleep things off, she went to his driver side.. " thanks Drachen... leave the trailer, i will have it taken care of later. " giving him money to cover his gas for the day she sent him off.. Standing there on her property alone she stuffed her hands in her pockets, keeping them from shaking really as the entire events of the day came crashing down on her all at once, taking in a shaky breath she looked around, seeing the sun slowly sink in the horizon before glancing around on again, spotting the bit of blood from cale, before spotting his stetson by the corrals.. slowly walking over and picking it up she dusted it off, then headed inside.

She took her time in showering, getting cleaned up and even cleaned up Cale's stetson before laying it on the table, getting a small sandwhich and downing that in as many bites as she could she grabbed a bottle of whiskey as well, and wearing her jean shorts and a tank top this time she went outside and sat on the porch as the sun finished setting in the horizon, leaving streaks of its brilliant colors before fading into the deep dark blue of the night, she was in desperate need of hearing the wolf's song tonight, though not sure if she would even get that. Leaning back she glanced at her phone again, still no return call from Cale.. picking it up one last time she hit redial and placed it to her ear, disappointed once again as it clicked to voicemail, this time though she would leave a message. hearing the beep she sucked in a breath and closed her eyes. " cale... i need to talk to you , need to know your alright... just.. give me a call back or.. come back over tonight. or tomorrow. .. " hitting the end button she sighed, lame message to leave but what else could she say? , i know your a wolf and i would like to pet you till your fury little tail wagged?.. she snorted before popping the off the bottle of whiskey and began to drink. one foot on the porch to gentle rock the porch swing back and forth slowly . only soothing sounds she heard where those of the horses. By the time midnight neared she already had the entire bottle of whiskey gone, had even cried once or twice during that time before tilting her head back and closing her eyes, which were red from her tears. she felt confused and alone, but atleast the whiskey took some of that pain away for now.. Now all she could do was hope that cale was okay and that he would atleast talk to her and explain things. Once her eyes where closed she began to doze on and off, the whiskey of course a big factor in doing that.
silverwolflady
silverwolflady

Back to top Go down

Post by Scylothia Mon May 09, 2011 12:47 pm

The throbbing of his side is what had awakened him. He'd fallen asleep in the cab of his truck, still parked where he'd camped beside the river. He swatted away a mosquito looking for supper, then shut the door.
He crossed and rubbed his arms, and lost himself in thought again until his phone rang for the fifteenth time that day. He didn't answer, but when the alert came up for a voice mail, he picked it up with quivering hands.
As he listened, he felt a hot sting come to his eyes, and even shed a tear. If she had cared enough to say that, then, was it possible...?
He played the message again, and again a couple more times, for some reason feeling soothed by the voice pleading for him.
Sighing, he set the phone down, and stared out towards the east as the sun was setting behind him. He looked at his truck's shadow, and even his own shadow as the light shone through his rear window. Well, she had been accepting of his first secret. Perhaps she would be accepting of his second?
Then he growled to himself.
"Damn it, Cale," he scolded himself. "Wallowing here in self pity isn't going to fix the problem. There's only one way to find out. Be a man about it."
It was then that, after letting his own words sink in a moment, he fired up the reliable Chevy, worked the clutch into place, and took off, following his own tire tracks back out. He knew that if he drove to her ranch, Mari would know he was coming. But so what?
And thus did he make the drive, dreading every mile. He pulled into her road, and parked the truck in the toolies just within her property line. At least there he knew the truck wouldn't get a ticket.
And then, checking his stitched side, he changed forms, and trotted around the cattle pens and undeveloped land, until he came up on the ridge behind her house, pacing back and forth, still not sure what he should do, until he finally threw his head back and betrayed his presence with the same, heart-wrenching howl that had rang across the mountains the night before--a plea for her.
Scylothia
Scylothia

Back to top Go down

Post by silverwolflady Mon May 09, 2011 1:01 pm

the sound of his heart wrenching howl jerked her awake so fast she knocked the empty bottle onto the porch where it shattered, blinking several times and sucking in a breath, she glanced around, licking her lip in anticipation as she got up , glad that she had shoes on , reaching over she picked up the small hand held flashlight she had with her and clicked it on, that little nap of hers managed to work just a little bit of the whiskey out of her system, not all though so she was a little stumbling around.

She followed the howl to the back of her own home on the ridge, glancing around again before making her way to the ridge, succeeding in tripping three times over small bushes and shrubs, scratching her knees up a bit before letting out a string of colorful curses again, shining the light around her slowly hoping to anything that the howl she was hearing was from her lovely black wolf.

It took her nearly fifteen minutes to get to the area the howl had come from, she had thought she had missed him as she slowly swept the light over the area again before spotting the black wolf, freezing instantly in her tracks, well as much as her balance would let her that is, " damn whiskey" muttered, eying the wolf slowly , managed to take a step back, got her boot stuck in a gofer hole and landed hard on her ass, the flashlight going flying out of her hand and skittered across the dirt several feet away as pain shot up her ankle. , leaning up on her elbows she refused to move after that. trying to get enough light from the moon to see the shadow of the wolf moving about.
silverwolflady
silverwolflady

Back to top Go down

Post by Scylothia Mon May 09, 2011 1:30 pm

Cale could smell her before he could hear her, and took a few nervous steps foreword, then paced a little, tail twitching in frustration. She was drunk. That made things complicated.
He had begun to slowly approach her when she made it up the ridge, and yelped when she stumbled backward in the prairie dog's hole. He picked up her flashlight, and stretched his neck out to give the item back to her--he knew she couldn't see as well as he in the dark. He whuffed and licked her wrist before lowering his nose to her ankle. he began to dig at the hole, sharp claws raking across the sand but leaving the flesh it contained unscathed. When the sand was finally loose, the wolf went around behind her, and shifted forms into his true self. His side throbbing with the effort, Cale squatted down, wrapped his arms around her middle, then hoisted her up.
He carried her in bridal fashion back down the ridge.

A while later, he had her lain out over her couch, ice in a towel placed upon her ankle, and was working in the kitchen, combining rosemary, honey, wild sage, and even tumbleweed along with a few other herbs into a finely ground paste that he poured into a cup of hot black coffee.
His side had split open a little from the effort of hoisting her out of the hole and carrying her, but only a drop or two of blood stained his fresh shirt as he strode into the living room and handed her the coffee. "Drink this. Your liver will thank you for it."
He sat down in the armchair and crossed his legs, holding his chin and looking upset.
Scylothia
Scylothia

Back to top Go down

Post by silverwolflady Mon May 09, 2011 1:45 pm

she was surprised to find she had the flashlight again , surprisingly she didn't jump when she heard his small whuff before feeling his lick to her wrist, relaxing a little she reached out to sink her fingers of her free hand into his fur as he began to dig at the hole, she hadn't even realized she had been stuck until now. She felt the sand become lose and managed to pull her foot out before feeling his presence behind her, gasping softly to feel his arms around her and being hoisted in the air , her arms immediately went around his neck, closing her eye's she leaned against him and just relaxed, not saying anything , fearing that she was just dreaming this up in her drunken state.

Once she was on the couch , ice pack on her now swollen ankle , and her hand covering her eyes to avoid the light, she realized it definitely wasn't a dream. she heard him puttering around in the kitchen, before feeling a mug being shoved into her hands, giving a slight grunt as she looked towards him wearily before eying the stuff.. " my liver will be fine but thanks.. " considering it had been a while since she had drank before , her liver was just fine and wouldn't have a problem processing the stuff. " thanks " mumbled, taking a few sips before wrinkling her nose. " oh yuck, definitely not a good taste" muttered but forced herself to down the drink quickly , thankfully she didn't have a weak stomach.

looking over towards him now she eyed him slowly knowing he was upset, she was too , but she wasn't going to take it out on him, setting the empty glass down she closed her eyes again and rubbed her temples.. " .. hows your side?" she would check it herself if she could but.. in her current state, she didn't want to break a leg trying to get to him.
silverwolflady
silverwolflady

Back to top Go down

Post by Scylothia Mon May 09, 2011 3:48 pm

He watched her down the drink, grateful she had a strong constitution. "May not taste good, but it forces the alcohol to bypass your liver altogether. You may feel the urge to pee pretty soon, though.
"And my side will be fine," he said, seeing sobriety return to her eyes already. He lifted the hem of his shirt so she could see the stitched wound. "Thankfully I was... in that other way when it happened. Or one of my organs will have gotten punctured."
He put his shirt down, hopefully before she got any ideas. He wasn't sure he could handle a romp right now, emotionally or physically. "The material has elasticity, so it moves with my muscle, even when I.... change. Eventually it'll be absorbed by my skin, so no harm no foul. He got up, then cautiously approached her, and sank onto the sofa next to her, wary of her reaction. He lowered a hand to stroke her hair.
"....I suppose you have a thousand questions you want answered."
Scylothia
Scylothia

Back to top Go down

Post by silverwolflady Mon May 09, 2011 5:18 pm

she grimaced again as she eyed the cup once more before sighing. " yea guess thats a good thing" mumbled, her eyes going straight to his side as he lifted his shirt up she would have liked to inspect it alot closer but he already put his shirt down and assured her that it was alright. though she was a little wary of the stitchings, she got the feeling he did them himself. .. when he spoke of being in his other .. form, she leaned back and studied him for a moment. well that just confirms what i already know... what i saw was definitely not a hallucination . keeping her thoughts to herself she closed her eyes to rub her temple again.

Hearing him get up she opened her eyes and watched him as he moved towards her with caution. she figured it he thought she was going to go berserk on him, she guessed any other woman would go nutso on him. but not her. she just watched him as he sat next to her, didn't even move when he went to stroke her hair,his touch would definitely be welcomed. she studied him, trying to decide if he was any different now then he had been before she saw the change. She couldn't find anything wrong, other then the fact he was acting like she would throw something at him.

shrugging at his question she closed her eyes again , the light hurting her eyes due to the fact she had drank. no headache though , which meant no hangover yet. " i have a few... though i have no idea where to begin... " opening an eye she glanced at her ankle. which she suspected was a pulled muscle, something that would take a few days to heal, she was going to be slow in her work now. , closing her eyes again she picked a question out of the thousand's that was rolling around in her head. " just one is important right now... where you ever going to tell me about this?.. " she didn't know if he would or not. she found out the hard way, though she had suspected he was going to tell her.. just.. when was he going to do it.. was the question.
silverwolflady
silverwolflady

Back to top Go down

Post by Scylothia Mon May 09, 2011 7:18 pm

Relieved that she was being receptive, he smiled cautiously and stroked his thumb across her temple for her, using his hand to shield her from the lamplight. Her being so calm at the moment was very helpful to him as he said, "...Yes, I planned to tell you in time. I mean, we've only been together a week, and I didn't want to scare you off. Just telling you about my elven blood was a stretch."
He leaned down and gave her a kiss on the forehead. "But tonight, I have no reason to keep any more secrets from you. Tonight, I come clean. All you have to do is ask me what you want to know."
Scylothia
Scylothia

Back to top Go down

Post by silverwolflady Mon May 09, 2011 10:19 pm

Oh she was far from calm , she just kept it on the inside though, she had been pissed, worried , terrified for his safety and it was all boiled up in one big giant emotional ball that was ready to burst at a moments notice, but taking a slow steady breath, and feeling his kiss upon her forehead kept her from just ripping into him like a bat out of hell. Though the cowboy deserved every bit of it, it was not how she wanted to have the relationship to go. That and she understood why he wanted to do things his way instead of how she found out about certain things this way.

Atleast when he said he had planned on telling her, though in a different way so as not to scare her off, made her relax a little more. She did give him credit for telling her of his elven blood though. least that had been a start. " none at all huh?... alright lets see.. " she eyed him cooly , pulling several questions out. " how many of them are like you , or are you the only one?, is MJ one? , did your Ex know?, what exactly are you anyways? and are there any natural wolves out here or am i just seeing your lot?" she was getting straight to the point, probably shooting off too many questions at a time for him but didn't care, he said she could ask, eying her empty mug this time she picked it up and handed it to him. " know how to make tea? . and for future reference.... i detest black coffee."
silverwolflady
silverwolflady

Back to top Go down

Post by Scylothia Mon May 09, 2011 11:11 pm

He smiled, and accepted her mug. "Neither do I. Who does like coffee black?" He got up then, and made his way back into the kitchen. Rinsing out the mug, he prepared a special pouch of tea for her, using a recipe that, like the sobriety formula, he'd read in one of the elvish books his mother had given him.
Using a coffee filter as a makeshift teabag, he spoke as he worked.
"Actually, there's hundreds of thousands of us, if not a bit more worldwide. MJ and my uncle are not among us. No one on the ranch except me is. Drachen is. In fact... I lead the local pack. Drachen's my beta. He's been a beta ever since Kyle Acryous--do you remember him from school?--lost the job.
"There were many times I wanted to tell Hope, but some instinct always held me back. And so I never did, and good thing, too. Turns out I couldn't even trust her to keep her legs closed, let alone with something so precious as my identity, or the magic of the Preternatural.
"Basically, I lead two lives. One is as the Cale you know, the roper and bronc buster who got a lucky at a few rodeos and managed to pull my Aunt and uncle's ranch out of the flames.
"...Then there is the roguish Cale, werewolf and leader of the pack. Odd combination, I know."
He poured hot water over the makeshift teabag, and dipped it a few times and waited for the water to turn brown, and begin to smell much better than the sobriety concoction.
"You heard that right. I am, simply put, a werewolf. Not in the conventional Hollywood sense, though. Nowadays we're mostly born with the gift, but there are a handful of enchanted artifacts that have the ability to generate more. We don't pass on the condition via biting. And it's a gift, not a curse like Hollywood often portrays it."
Yes, he was probably flooding her with information right now, but he was just grateful to finally be able to talk about it. Since his mother had passed away he hadn't been able to discuss it with anyone, other than the pack. But discussing it with individuals sharing the same gift wasn't the same as telling someone all about it.
He came back in with her tea, having put the makeshift teabag into the sink. he would take it to her compost pile later. He handed her the rose-scented concoction and then sat back down, eager to continue his monologue.
"Getting into the technical aspects of it, it originated as a piece of Druidian magic. The elves had thier hands in the Druids as well as the Native Americans. They came up with a way to artificially mutate a couple of genes in the humanoid genome without the subject's body rejecting it. It applies to all humanoids from Nepheliem on down to Homo sapiens. They enchanted a few artifacts with that piece of magic. If anyone within that limited DNA pool comes into direct contact or extended indirect contact, they will contract the mutation.
"Werewolves have since served as, I suppose you can say, the policemen of the Supernatural world. We're ghost hunters, and keep other preternatural populations in check by either force or treaty. This includes another Paranormal race you may be familiar with: the vampires. All three species of them, in fact."
Scylothia
Scylothia

Back to top Go down

Post by silverwolflady Mon May 09, 2011 11:24 pm

she stayed quiet the whole entire time he spoke and made her tea, the rose scent was gentle on her nose and didn't hurt her head, she was gunna have to ask him how he made that. Looking up at him as he came in and pushed the mug into her hands , she took it readily , half closing her eyes and taking a slow tentative sip. " mmmmm. much better" she loved tea, especially the orange spice tea she got from a tea shop , it was good with some german sugar rock's, and a tad bit of honey. She always drank that whenever she had a sore throat or something.

She watched him as she sipped her tea and listened to his monologue. It was all fascinating, even though some of it made her head hurt to try and keep up with it all, but she blamed that on the whiskey. Never again will she drink whiskey straight from the bottle. Arching a brow at his description of the paranormal police force, or something of the sort like that. she put her mug down , already half empty." oh? i am just gunna take a wild guess here and say that some of the people here and in the city are part of it?.. vampires?!" she all but squeaked that, eyes going wide, " good lord, next you will be telling me that tinker bell is real too. " that was exciting yet scary at the same time.

After a few minutes she became a bit uncomfortable as her bladder decided to make itself known that it was highly full and uncomfortable. Glancing to her bedroom where the nearest bathroom was at, she looked back to him then at her foot.. definitely n ot a good thing to put weight on it, atleast until the swelling went down. " ahh.. embarrassing question.. .. mind helping me up?.. i uhhh.. have to visit the restroom. " preferably before my bladder explodes, she kept that last thought to herself as she sat up more." does MJ and the others know? and i sorta guessed on Drachen... he umm.. just had that look upon him."
silverwolflady
silverwolflady

Back to top Go down

Post by Scylothia Tue May 10, 2011 11:33 am

"Actually, yes. About a quarter of Beartooth's populace are Preternatural."

He smirked, then arose. He lifted one of her arms over his shoulder, wrapped his other around her waist, then with a flex of his powerful legs, he hoisted her up. Making sure to go slow enough for her to hobble along to the bathroom. He offered his strong shoulder for her to lean on as she worked her pants and panties off, then respectfully turned his back.
"...There's one more major secret I have, and it's probably the most stunning of the three. However, I want you to know. You deserve to know, after today."
Scylothia
Scylothia

Back to top Go down

Post by silverwolflady Tue May 10, 2011 12:53 pm

she glared at him as he smirked, before hobbling along to the bathroom, greatful that he turned his back so she could do her business, finishing that , she flushed the toilet before using the counter to hobble over to the sink and turn the water on to wash. " hm? heh, alright, what is it?" she wasn't sure she could handle any more shocks, but her curiousity was getting the best of her.

flicking the water off she grabbed the hand towel and dried her hands before turning and leaning against the sink. crossing her arms over her chest as she studied him. she tried to mentally prepare herself the best she could for this last stunning secret he had.
silverwolflady
silverwolflady

Back to top Go down

Post by Scylothia Tue May 10, 2011 1:26 pm

He turned around then, then leaned against the wall. Taking a deep breath, he studied her before saying, "My elven blood, is not just elven. It's royal. I even have documentation that traces the line back well over three thousand years."
It was then that he clenched his fists, knuckles white, and braced himself for her reaction.
Scylothia
Scylothia

Back to top Go down

Post by silverwolflady Tue May 10, 2011 4:02 pm

she studied him, taking in a sharp breath at his words but didn't say anything for a minute, watching his movements and body language, even glanced at his fists, knuckles going white from how hard he was clenching them. royal blood line?... so damn he is like a prince... or a king or something.. well.. geez when i pick them i know how to pick em.

It was still a shock, but unlike what he said, that wasn't as bad as when she had seen him shift in front of her, now THAT had bean a huge shock.. this though , this was just a small shock, unexpected, but something she could handle. . she rolled the thought around in her head a moment or two before relaxing. " well ok then. .. thats not so bad, you just have a unique lineage is all... .. ummm its not frowned upon if you and me are together is it?" now that she would have a problem with if someone told her she couldn't be with him.

She frowned when she heard the sound of a car revving up into her driveway, glancing at the clock on the wall she gave a grunt. who the hell would be coming over at one in the morning?.. It took her a moment to remember Roy's message on her answering machine from earlier that morning before she groaned. " gah , not now.. this is bloody irritating" grumbled, reaching out to cale so she wouldn't have to put weight on her foot. " come on .. this is going to be annoying but i gotta take care of the idiot outside."
silverwolflady
silverwolflady

Back to top Go down

Post by Scylothia Tue May 10, 2011 4:36 pm

Cale smiled then in relief. He shook his head. "The throne's been dead since the European humans came across the Atlantic. But the family's kept the documentation up, nonetheless. Perhaps someday we will return to power, but if we do it will only be among the elven tribes, so I'm not really worried about it.
"I'm just proud to know my heritage. After all, the house has had a long and healthy reign, and happens to be the oldest known in the world today. We've ruled the elven sects of North America since the latter days of the ice age. So, one can't say that we haven't seen our time, you know?
"Personally I'm happy where I am. I'll keep the record updated, of course, but I have no problem being a commoner. After all, I am the last living member of the family."

He lifted his head when he heard the intrusion, then as he helped her stay up, then arched a brow at her. "And which particular idiot is it that's outside?"
Scylothia
Scylothia

Back to top Go down

Post by silverwolflady Tue May 10, 2011 4:45 pm

she sighed as she hobbled to the living room and towards the door. " well glad your happy where your at hun and yes its good to know your heritage.. .. '' blinked and looked up at him before scowling,getting a headache now.. '' the idiot who up and left me when i needed someone the most as my dad was dieing. '' grumbled, definitely haven't forgiven him for that and she just wished he would go and die somewhere.. well not really but its how she felt.

She opened the door before he even had a chance to knock as she arched a brow at him. '' what the hell do you want?" she glanced behind him and watched some tall blonde woman getting out of the car in her ridiculous short skirt that apparently was meant to show off her long legs but only made her look like a slut to her. '' ugh and your bringing a bloody woman on my property?" thats it, she wanted to shoot him, and he was lucky she couldn't get to her gun rack right now.

Roy came up the steps and leaned back slightly at her hostility . " just came to see how your doing, what did you do to your ankle? " he looked her up and down, the door was blocking Cale at the moment so he hadn't even seen him yet.. '' and she just came with me for a bit of support.. can we come in or is this a bad time?"
silverwolflady
silverwolflady

Back to top Go down

Post by Scylothia Tue May 10, 2011 5:37 pm

Cale could feel himself tense up as she told him who it was. "And you're actually answering the door for this dickless loser?" he blurted out, but silenced himself when she opened the door.
He listened to the transcription between the former lovers, and growled when he recognized the voice.
He held his tongue until she opened the door and let them in--why she did that, he had no idea--then scowled as he put two and two together.
....It was a small city.
"Hello, Hope." he rumbled, then flicked his eyes towards Roy. "Still spreading your legs for this jackass I see."
His protective nature flaring up, he helped Mari to sit, and then kept standing as he faced the intruders.
"For your information she twisted her ankle running into my arms. Funny the things a woman will do when the man she's seeing actually treats her right."
Scylothia
Scylothia

Back to top Go down

Post by silverwolflady Tue May 10, 2011 6:46 pm

Mari arched a brow at him as he practically snarled at her about answering the door for Roy. she may not like the bastard but her father raised her right, and she couldn't ignore him and leave him out there.. no matter how badly she wanted too. But she forgave him for blurting it out at her, opening the door wider to let the two in , she glanced back at Cale , when he growled , something she hadn't heard from him before. but didn't say anything. " eh.. yea its a bad time. its one in the bloody morning,. who the hell makes a calling at this hour? .. but you might as well come in. '' ..

She eyed the woman again as Cale identified her as Hope. hah so she is a slut? just like i thought. .. .. she looked the woman up and down, ignoring her snotty look she gave to her. before shrugging and thankfully had Cale helped her sit down, though at his next words her face flamed red, and she could just feel the amount of testosterone building in the room . men... glancing towards her whiskey cabinet then back at Cale before sighing, she wanted another drink... but instead, picked up her mug and took a few sips of the delicious tea he had made her. ." now boys, don't you two bloody start fighting in my house. i have no problem with kicking the two of you out. " reaching up she slid her fingers into cale's.. more for support then anything since having Roy in her home unnerved her and made her nervous.

Roy nearly paled at the sight and sound of Cale before clearing his throat and walked around the living room, glancing around before eying mari then Cale, snorting at his words'' yea right, she probably did it chasing down some stupid animal. " muttered, shrugging at Mari's comment'' i won't do nothing if he won't.... "

Hope glared at Mari, keeping a tight hold on Roy's arm now as they went inside, she blanched a little as she saw Cale , even felt severe jealousy as he made a statement about how mari twisted her ankle running in his arms., she glared over at Mari again, wondering what the hell the woman had that she didn't, she completely ignored the remark about how she was still spreading her legs for Roy. " hello Cale.. good to see your doing alright.. .. though.. i am curious... why would you want to be with someone like that? " she pulled away from Roy this time as she crossed her arms under her ample breasts, showing just a little more cleavage in her skin tight shirt.
silverwolflady
silverwolflady

Back to top Go down

Post by Scylothia Tue May 10, 2011 7:04 pm

Cale tightened his hand around Mari's, and calmed himself. "I won't do a thing until he gives me a reason to." he promised, then, ignoring Dickless's comment about stupid animals, he glared at Hope.
"Well, for one thing, she only sleeps with one man, she's honest, trustworthy, and actually knows how to handle herself. And that's pretty smug coming from the female that can't even balance her checkbook without my help, or balance anything else for that matter."
He let this stinging innuendo sink in, then sat down and put his arm around Mari's shoulders.
"I was going to give you my whole life Hope. Not my fault you squandered it for some tax attorney intern."
Then he returned Roy's glare as he said, "Mari and I have had a long day. So say what you're going to say and get out."
He hoped that he wasn't stealing Mari's thunder from her, but the wolf in him was clawing to be released, and if the situation didn't resolve itself soon, there would be no recourse, and everyone would lose. Even Mari. Even himself.
Scylothia
Scylothia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next